• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

Omigosh! Post of the day.

How did you find this? I'd love to see it!! Sharp, clean-looking copy.

Get it off the short bus and onto the "nah nah I have a book you don't have" thread.

Jack

this comic is nuttier than a payday bar.

The magic floating jack in the box fixes a lame horses legs by tying candy canes to them. doh! How did this get the go ahead? lol

I present Jo-Joy #1 from 1945

3177068383_0a61f2d848_o.jpg

Of course, I should talk ... since I am the one who just received this in the mail :P

:foryou:

I missed that rough offering from Scrooge. It'd be right at home in my boxes.

I'm not sure where to put these. Short Bus material?

Tim Holt 18 Jul-50. Most people would probably seat a Magazine Enterprises on the SB, but this one has a nice Ghost Rider story by D ick Ayers.

TimHolt18.jpg

I'm beginning to think that The Fox and the Crow have enough fans here to qualify for the Long Bus! Here's #21 from Dec-54 (Golden Age? close enough) with a classic DC deep green cover.

Could Golden Age funny animals support their own thread? (Is there a dormant one?)

FoxandCrow18.jpg

Jack

PS: There's the active Ducks thread, but I don't think that Fox and Crow would be welcome there.

Edited by selegue

Short busser?

The cover itself should qualify it for this ride!

The back cover is one for Jack. Com'on: Potassium permanganate (KMnO4) :screwy: I wonder if the editors knew that "it has been used to induce abortions, although with risks." (as per Wikipedia) ...

The posted splash to the 3rd story is from a stalwart artist for Atlas / Marvel throughout the '50's, '60's and '70's. Guess who?

72761.jpg.16edb60689d4d0034aab7e874e23f82e.jpg

72762.jpg.da8107160adea62bfc57860433d5df14.jpg

72764.jpg.8a37d2f2b8b47f875f57a1552d4f7bd3.jpg

Short busser?

The cover itself should qualify it for this ride!

The back cover is one for Jack. Com'on: Potassium permanganate (KMnO4) :screwy: I wonder if the editors knew that "it has been used to induce abortions, although with risks." (as per Wikipedia) ...

The posted splash to the 3rd story is from a stalwart artist for Atlas / Marvel throughout the '50's, '60's and '70's. Guess who?

WOW! Great short-busser!

I have an issue or two in BTH condition.

Great back cover -- arsenic too. Thanks!!

Probably D ick Ayers. Did he have artwork in every issue?

Jack

^^

It's my only issue so I don't know if Ayers is in all. He's got 2 stories in # 3. (thumbs u

Wow! Jack isn't as bad an art-spotter as he thinks he is.

^^

It's my only issue so I don't know if Ayers is in all. He's got 2 stories in # 3. (thumbs u

Wow! Jack isn't as bad an art-spotter as he thinks he is.

Honestly, it was more a matter of knowing that Ayers drew for EH! It'd be tough to spot him (especially for me) in this Mad knock-off humor style.

Jack

I really like EH! it's such a great mad knock off. this is the only 1 I have now, but I used to have the 6 armed Idol reminding the lady she had a date with a sailor cover, which is also awesome. The insides are great too, these are from before Charlton meant Dreck.

3121544205_440d5647f6_o.jpg

I really like EH! it's such a great mad knock off. this is the only 1 I have now, but I used to have the 6 armed Idol reminding the lady she had a date with a sailor cover, which is also awesome. The insides are great too, these are from before Charlton meant Dreck.

Definitely not a short bus book, and not unpopular! (tsk)