• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would win? UPC or Spidey face!

UPC vs Spidermans Mask  

66 members have voted

1. 1. UPC vs Spidermans Mask

6 posts in this topic

I have not seen much about this discussed here and am curious what everyone thinks. I started buying up issues of X-Men to fill early gaps in my collection and have always desired the non-UPC, or direct edition copies. These seem to go for just a little more than "newsstand editions". I am trying to finish a complete run with all Spiderman faces, or whatever happened to be there other than UPCs. I was just wondering if others were also doing this.

Thanks,

JulianXJ

I like to collect both versions of issues I like. I used to think that the DIRECT versions were worth more, but there seems to be a general concensus that both are of equal value.

I have a feeling that "newsstand" copies will be worth more $$$ in the future, as EVERYONE seems to already own the "direct" version of their favourite books, and HG UPC copies will be harder to find.....

If eveything else was equal,I would go for the UPC because, as it was pointed out,less of these may have survived in HG. This is assuming Chuckles doesn't"discover' anothe huge warehouse of stolen books.