• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLEASE HELP grade this SPIDEY #129! ASAP please! *DELETED*

31 posts in this topic

Oh I do hope this isn't the book you just bought frown.gif Cuz it most certainly is NOT a NM book.

I'd grade it no higher than a FINE PLUS, and maybe lower if that is indeed a tear at the right edge. If that's a tear, I'd grade it a VG/F. Please note that I'm harsh, but there's a bunch of stuff wrong with it - the corners are rounded, bottom left corner has a chip out, looks to have some page hang on the bottom, and that icky scuffing at the top staple.

Tremendous scan, though. All scans should be like this!

Unfortunately it is frown.gif Although this guy doesnt seem like a crook since he was very willing to make a beautiful scan of it. I haven't paid him yet and he did email me saying he has a 100% return policy. Any suggestions on what to do???

Thanks,

Ricky

I emailed him this:

"John,

I wanted the scan out of mere curiosity and also wanted to SHOW OFF to my friends the comic I was about to receive in the mail;) After receiving the scan I was disappointed since it looks more to be a 7.5 (VF-) or less. Before writing this email I posted the scan on the CGC forum to get opinions of some of the comic dealers I deal with on a regular basis for their opinions (10-15 people). They agreed with my grade and some even grade it even lower as a (6.0) Fine.

Since you stated that you have an excellent return policy I don't want to waste your time by having you ship it and having me return it with the chance of it being damaged in transit. To be honest I would have taken it if it was atleast a (9.0) VF/NM smile.gif I'll gladly paypal you money to cover your insertion fees on ebay to make the situation right wink.gif

By the way, the negative you received from the guy saying, "buyer doesn't leave feedback" was a load of ;) I'll gladly give you positive feedback for this transaction even though it didnt work out.

Let me know,

Ricky aka speedjunkies"