• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLEASE HELP grade this SPIDEY #129! ASAP please! *DELETED*

31 posts in this topic

IMO you handled the situation diplomatically and if the guy is an experianced seller he would be a fool not to accept your terms. Your scenario saves him the hassle of packing and shipping a book that he knows would be returned and also result in neutral or even negative feedback.

He recieved information on what the grade on the book is likely to be and he can use this info to relist the book properly.

Of course this is assuming that the seller is honest and reputable. ooo.gif

He agreed with my resolution on the matter. He still thinks it's a 9.0 smirk.gif Goes to show you how CGC makes us all anal HHEHEE. I paypaled him his insertion fees and a lil more for the trouble. He's okay with me wink.gif

That has always been my rule of thumb. Keys= buying it slabbed. I slipped up on this one. Next time I wont be so fast to click the BIN button w/o receiving a better scan first.

Maybe he should consider slabbing it. If it came back 9.0 it would be worth more than what you were going to pay for it (at least I would think it should be). But to each their own for doing business. I'm glad he's fair about the returning.

I'll check it out when he relists it!

I have learned the hard way that if you don't have a clear scan don't bid unless they send you a better one or you are willing to settle for a lower grade than what is advertised.

Unless ,of course, it is CGC'd whereas you don't even really need a scan you just need to know that the seller is reputable. wink.gif