• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did someone pay him the $55k?

24 posts in this topic

I had many discussions with the seller. He told me on Sunday he was pulling the auction on Tuesday (which is what he did). I believe he had a dealer that offered him around $25K, but told him that he would not get what he wanted for the books (at lease $30K, I believe) because:

1) No X-Men

2) No major keys in high grade

3) Not enough info on the Silver-Age books

4) He stated in his email to me that he would also include a CGC VF/NM Silver Surfer #1 which he hadn't gotten yet

He specifically told me that the ASM #100-200 were in VF+ and that most of the Silver-Age books were VF- to VF/NM. The problem with that is simple, now I have to value every Silver-Age book as a VF- and then discount that amount. Of course if many were VF/NM (or better), that would make up for a lot of VF- books, but without any real information, there is no way to know.

He basically told me he wanted to upgrade a few of the books and get a few X-Men.

We will see if he relisted shortly.