• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did someone pay him the $55k?

24 posts in this topic

I know that there were at least two posts on this auction so I was tracking it for "kicks" and suddenly it was a closed auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2181142267&category=32748&rd=1

I considered trying to bid 1 cent but figured the shipping would get me in the end. Any idea as to why it ended? confused.gif

I was watching that auction also. I didn't realize that it had been closed. If it was a valid auction, it would be sweet. Although most would be duped.

grin.gifgrin.gif

Seller probably did not like the current bid price of the auction. Should have slapped a reserve, but large groupings of books hardly ever sell for what they are worth. It makes sense & money to sell them individually.

So basically he took a week to figure out if he could make some money, realized he wasn't going to and then cancelled the auction? Does eBay do anything to you if you cancel?

Nope, shady sellers do this all the time.

So basically he took a week to figure out if he could make some money, realized he wasn't going to and then cancelled the auction? Does eBay do anything to you if you cancel?

They hunt you down, kick you in the knees, and take what you were going to sell for themselves.

If what you were going to sell, actually was a fake or didnt exsist, they simply take your lunch money.

Mean old ebay!

Or someone offered him an 'off-eBay' deal. No need to cut eBay in on the final price if he doesn't have to.

This will continue until eBay closes the loophole that makes ending auctions early a defence against selling a book below market value. mad.gif

They hunt you down, kick you in the knees, and take what you were going to sell for themselves.

If what you were going to sell, actually was a fake or didnt exsist, they simply take your lunch money.

Mean old ebay!

Wow. 893whatthe.gif People have asked me to end auctions early before and I have always said no because I don't think it's a fair thing to do. I guess this is another reason... and since eBay is only a half hour or so away from me, my lunch money would be gone before breakfast.

Seller probably did not like the current bid price of the auction. Should have slapped a reserve, but large groupings of books hardly ever sell for what they are worth. It makes sense & money to sell them individually.

That's exactly what I was thinking he would do in this earlier thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

you must be psychotic or psychic or something like that

Given the title under my forum name.....I'd say psychotic is the more appropriate term. insane.gif

Psychotic, definitely. But he's our psycho. mad.gif