• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love this cover and I don't know why

10 posts in this topic

Yellow has a strange effect on covers when it is used in large quantity. To me it makes them "POP" in a way that you can't get with anything else. Especially when it is highlighting a dull figure or darker foreground image. I think it is as close as a book can get to an actual backlighting glow. The book you chose is a great example of both ends of the contrast spectrum clashing and producing a very unique look.

For some reason, I have always loved this cover. I don't own a copy myself (yet). I find myself drawn to the yellow covers (Avengers 2, Fantastic Four 2). Not really sure why

No wonder you collect Batman... so many yellow covers! (1, 5, 12, 14, 18, 20, 24, 29, 31, 34, 36, 40, 41, 45, 47, 50...)

I like both yellow and purple covers. This was the first cover I ever fell in love with when I started collecting.

Machine_Man_01-00.jpg

(Why is this in the GA forum?)

I had the same thing going on for deep purple covers.

green for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Showcase 79 cloud9.gif

X-Men 50 cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

and if he likes Batman covers for the yellow content, don't let him see the first fifty or so Superman covers, or he'll be headed for the poorhouse

Hi BatmanFan,

Yes, as a collector of classic covers, I find yellow backgrounds to be the biggest draw... glad to know there is at least one other person who feels this way!!

To get this on track with the golden age, here is my fav ... have posted it before, but I throw it out there any chance I get!! Also see RED RAVEN #1... great Timely yellow cover...

1479131-KDF20lores.jpg

1479131-KDF20lores.jpg.4b523bafaa6baf639737044256d667aa.jpg