• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seeking grade information

23 posts in this topic

Hi, I hope this isn't a repeat post. If so I apologise, the screen locked up and I don't know if it went through or not.

Tales to Astonish #14 is the issue. The pages are discolored on this book, maybe cream to tan? They aren't browned that's for sure. It appears to be in really good condition, but I'm new to comics and the grades. I've read how they score, but until I get a few examples of what each look like it won't make sense to me.

Here is one that I'm interested in seeing what grade that would come out. Thanks to anyone who helps.

mfbinx

1478633-tales14back(Large).jpg.17eaf621affb9fd06ad41375daa726a6.jpg

Looks arond VG but hard to tell without seeing back and insides. It's a great book. What others do you have? One way to educate yourself is take a few to a store. Whatever the store owners grades them as will be a minimum grade. keith contarino

Welcome to the Boards!

FYI, to add your pic to your post:

After you type your message click Continue and make sure

I want to preview my post and/or attach a file is still checked. You will then

click Browse and locate your image (on your computer) that you want to post

(no bigger than 200000 bytes) then click Ok, submit.

After you upload your image you will be returned to your posted

message, click on Attachment at the top of your post and copy the link.

Go back to your post and click Edit then under Instant UBB Code click

Image and paste your link to your book and hit Ok. At the bottom,

uncheck Mark as Edited?and I want to preview my modifications and add

or edit an attachment. then click Change this post.

1478637-tales14%28Large%29.jpg

1478633-tales14back%28Large%29.jpg

Looks arond VG but hard to tell without seeing back and insides. It's a great book. What others do you have? One way to educate yourself is take a few to a store. Whatever the store owners grades them as will be a minimum grade. keith contarino

Thanks, I have a bunch. That one was what I thought a 4.0 would be, so maybe I do get that scale! 27_laughing.gif

I do have a scan of the back, it's just in a different post. The way posts are done here is different from the format I'm used to. Sorry about that.

Here are a few of the ones I have....

My Greatest Adventures # 40, 45, 50, 51, 80

Showcase #10

Journey into Mystery # 62

Adventure Comics # 269, 273, 308, 306 , 309

House of Mystery # 101, 130, 139

Strange Adventures # 123, 143, 145, 158, 150

Tales of Suspense # 8

And many more!

There's not really a formula to it. Generally speaking, if the pages are tan/dark tan it will drop the value a bit, but if they're more of a cream/light tan and still supple, that's well allowable in mid-grade and no big deal.

I would agree with 5.5 but the grade scoring of sun/dust-shadows is one of the super-top-sercret things at CGC. If they go soft with it you might get a 6.0.

There's not really a formula to it. Generally speaking, if the pages are tan/dark tan it will drop the value a bit, but if they're more of a cream/light tan and still supple, that's well allowable in mid-grade and no big deal.

Wow, there is so much for me to learn! Thanks so much for all your help.

hi.gif Keith is describing an unscrupulous dealer who is trying to get the lowest possible price for buying purposes. The same dealer will then put up the maximum grade when selling. An honest dealer will give you the real grade. It is worth your time to try and find an honest one. It depends on your goals.

Dan