• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #39 on eBay takin' off.

40 posts in this topic

Pretty nice looking copy. I figured it might sell for $800 or so, but like you said, war covers can bring out the bidders. Sometimes books that aren't CGC graded get higher than usual bids with the "Well the seller says it's a 6.0 but maybe it looks like it could be a 7.0" mentality.

I know it is a hard book to find in nice shape though ... just ask mattbird.

I bid on this book, and have been thinking about going past my previous limit of $700, especially now that I see the interest by others. It's one of those " not a key, but sure is nice looking" type of books that you just don't see too often....and it's a fairly early in the run Action!

This is the only copy I've seen that's been above a 3.0.

I know Zipper68 has a CGC 4.0 copy, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but other than that, I haven't seen many copies of this one for sale in any grade, much less above 3.0.

I bid on this book, and have been thinking about going past my previous limit of $700, especially now that I see the interest by others. It's one of those " not a key, but sure is nice looking" type of books that you just don't see too often....and it's a fairly early in the run Action!

showcase, so your not worried about any resto or bad PQ, plus there's no back cover scan,.. I'd be a little leary of bidding high without a back cover scan,.. it sure does look nicer than the FINE grade that the seller has it listed as though,..

I won't be bidding on it,..(I'm on a buying hiatus grin.gif ), but good luck to ya. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

showcase, so your not worried about any resto or bad PQ, plus there's no back cover scan,.. I'd be a little leary of bidding high without a back cover scan,.. it sure does look nicer than the FINE grade that the seller has it listed as though,..

I won't be bidding on it,..(I'm on a buying hiatus grin.gif ), but good luck to ya. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm ALWAYS concerned with resto and page quality smirk.gif...I would need a whole bunch of pics if I'm going to bid more than $1k on this book (present bid), including the back cover, a few interior page shots, and very, very importantly spine pics! It is my experience on nice looking books like this that it all comes down to the spine with regards to the "technical" grade. I have seen some beautiful, flat cover, crease free glossy books grade VG 4.0 due to spine splits that can't be seen from a front cover stand over the book pic or even scan. Now subtle resto...that can't easily be seen from pics only, and that's the risk we all take with "raw" books like this.....I have had some sweet victories and a few terrible defeats on this subject...but my victories still have me ahead smile.gif

I'm ALWAYS concerned with resto and page quality smirk.gif...I would need a whole bunch of pics if I'm going to bid more than $1k on this book (present bid), including the back cover, a few interior page shots, and very, very importantly spine pics! It is my experience on nice looking books like this that it all comes down to the spine with regards to the "technical" grade. I have seen some beautiful, flat cover, crease free glossy books grade VG 4.0 due to spine splits that can't be seen from a front cover stand over the book pic or even scan. Now subtle resto...that can't easily be seen from pics only, and that's the risk we all take with "raw" books like this.....I have had some sweet victories and a few terrible defeats on this subject...but my victories have still have me ahead smile.gif

I agree on all accounts, have you requested any further pics from the seller ? popcorn.gif

Jon, if you want some Conans for an Action 39, I'll happily oblige laugh.gif

Actually, Action 39 is my personal favorite Action cover. I came close to buying one more than once, but never found one I really liked price/quality-wise