• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Committee members

131 posts in this topic

Well here it is:

Redhook

Foolkiller

FFB

Alternate:

Burntboy

I made the decisions based on many factors, but I felt this group would work best together. Jeff (Nearmint) thought this was a good grouping as well.

Now we need to figure out a schedule of what day of the week to call (Wed is always out as I have "daughter and daddy dinner date" that night and have to get enough work done to leave the office on time). The committee should talk and figure out what is best for them. They will call my cell # and I will call them right back so they do not have to pay the phone fees. Friday afternoons are not the best, but I can do it.

I have a small problem with the committee as it does not include a seasoned buyer and seller of raw and CGC comics. I was hoping FD was going to make the cut for this reason. We also do not have anyone who is seasoned in the Golden Age and Atomic Age market. I hope the committee will use people in these areas when researching the questions they will be asking and the answers that CGC will give.

The first question I want to put to the committee (and the boards) is that CGC wants to make it mandatory that board members provide us their real names with proof (tel # ?) and that the names are posted in their bio. They can still use board names when posting, but we have too many shills, some just for the reason of bashing competitors and other board members. I would like to know what the committee members think. We feel that if you can honestly make posts about another member or a dealer, you have no need to hide who you are. Most of you state your real name already, so I don't see it as a big deal.

Think on that and other issues you want brought up.

Thanks to Jeff for his work on the voting hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Let's make this work! thumbsup2.gif

-Steve

The first question I want to put to the committee (and the boards) is that CGC wants to make it mandatory that board members provide us their real names with proof (tel # ?) and that the names are posted in their bio. They can still use board names when posting, but we have too many shills, some just for the reason of bashing competitors and other board members. I would like to know what the committee members think. We feel that if you can honestly make posts about another member or a dealer, you have no need to hide who you are. Most of you state your real name already, so I don't see it as a big deal.

893applaud-thumb.gif

The first question I want to put to the committee (and the boards) is that CGC wants to make it mandatory that board members provide us their real names with proof (tel # ?)

893scratchchin-thumb.gif How do I know you won't be crank calling me in the middle of the night Steve? We all know how you comic geeks are grin.gif

Congratulations to the new "Society" let justice prevail ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have no problems giving my personal data to the people who own/maintain the boards, but fail to understand why this personal data should be posted in the bio for all the world to see...Surely if the mods know who you are and have your data on file why should everyone and his dog be privy to this data ? confused-smiley-013.gif

SO this means good bye Wertham, and I suppose Krazy Kat.

Had this sort of decision been made a reality in the past we wouldn't have been alerted to the FF3 debacle.

Less things will come to light. As some good gets removed with the bad.

Congratulations to the new "Society" let justice prevail ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have no problems giving my personal data to the people who own/maintain the boards, but fail to understand why this personal data should be posted in the bio for all the world to see...Surely if the mods know who you are and have your data on file why should everyone and his dog be privy to this data ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Only your real name needs to be in your bio. CGC will keep the info so that we can verify it. NO ONE will be allowed to have your personal info unless you want them to.

The first question I want to put to the committee (and the boards) is that CGC wants to make it mandatory that board members provide us their real names with proof (tel # ?) and that the names are posted in their bio.

happy to do this as long as the bio pages aren't searchable by outside visitors. as it stands now, pages on the site are indexed by google, at least the message boards are...

SO this means good bye Wertham....

I wouldn't worry about him going anywhere....

I just threw that in there as a loose idea. It was the other part which I worry will be unaddressed.

What with all the items that could be addressed, this is the top priority..... confused.gif

But I won't spoil the festivities. Congratulations abound. 893applaud-thumb.gif

SO this means good bye Wertham, and I suppose Krazy Kat.

Had this sort of decision been made a reality in the past we wouldn't have been alerted to the FF3 debacle.

Less things will come to light. As some good gets removed with the bad.

Not necessarily. Someone wanting to introduce that type of info would either have to just do it themselves, or ask another boardmember to post it for them if they wanted to remain anonymous. Not a perfect system, but Abrammer could have asked another member to post it for him. In the end it was just facts (scans) that stood by themselves. Any editorializing would be eliminated....that isn't a big problem as far as I'm concerned.

I'm in favor of the change.