• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Late Reserves in the Heritage auction?

91 posts in this topic

There must be some tax benefit or wrote off to relisting the Gaines books in every other auction. He probably doesn't want to sell them unless he gets his price for them but they can expense the cost of listing and relisting these over and over again?

Not when you're the one who owns the house...

STEVE

Just a little off the track of this thread. I just saw that Comiclink Has dropped the asking price for there 5.0 Superman #1 FROM 100K TO 88K.

Also there 8.0 Bat #1 has gone from 75k to 61k...........

61k is a darn good price for a Bat #1 making me think you have to see the back cover[ive only seen the front.

One buyer bought a TON of the books, especially the Crowleys. I'm betting either Verzyl or Geppi.

Why would Geppi buy them when he was the consignor?

Well, if they were his (and now that you mention it I know he was negotiating for them), then that would seem to eliminate him from contention. insane.gif

All I can say is this. At the Baltimore Heritage auction it was Geppi buying a HUGE number of the books, and it was one buyer doing the same this time around. Now Verzyl, being local, usually goes in person and I think, though not entirely sure, that it was a phone bidder.

It's usually pretty easy to tell by the bidder numbers - anything under #100 is a floor bidder, and phone bidders usually start with 7xxx.

I was there for the poster auction Tuesday and Wednesday, stuck my head in the door Thursday and talked with Verzyl for a few minutes (had to leave and catch my flight) and saw just a couple of other people there.

Had dinner with Bill Hughes Wednesday night and he wasn't even sure if he was going to go down or not (though I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being there).

At the Baltimore Heritage auction it was Geppi buying a HUGE number of the books, and it was one buyer doing the same this time around.

Wasn`t Diamond Galleries the co-sponsor of the Baltimore auction? I`m surprised that no one has said anything about Geppi bidding on (and winning) books that his company was co-auctioning.

At the Baltimore Heritage auction it was Geppi buying a HUGE number of the books, and it was one buyer doing the same this time around.

Wasn`t Diamond Galleries the co-sponsor of the Baltimore auction? I`m surprised that no one has said anything about Geppi bidding on (and winning) books that his company was co-auctioning.

We didn't want to be labeled as nutty conspiracists, Tim.

STEVE

Back in May, I posted the following:

"I just ran a search of mamanook 30 day history of ebay bids and 136 of the 169 bids placed were for Harvey or Dell material from heritagecomics.com. Didn't he own the Harvey warehouse?" confused-smiley-013.gif

mamanook bid history

STEVE

Yeah, there's a real shortage of those types of people on the boards, Steve. poke2.gif

Back in May, I posted the following:

"I just ran a search of mamanook 30 day history of ebay bids and 136 of the 169 bids placed were for Harvey or Dell material from heritagecomics.com. Didn't he own the Harvey warehouse?" confused-smiley-013.gif

mamanook bid history

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

STEVE

Yeah, there's a real shortage of those types of people on the boards, Steve. poke2.gif

Hey, I resemble that remark mister!

STEVE