• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

111 posts in this topic

Well it is that time of year again! I was surprised at how many PM's I have received recently asking me if I was going to start another Gift Exchange Thread....ya bunch of softies!! Yes, yes I know it is not even Thanksgiving yet, but last year we ran into international shipping issues. So this year I wanted to get the list nailed down early so everyone will have plenty of time to make sure their box of goodies arrives on time.

This is a HOLIDAY Gift Exchange meant to be fun for EVERYONE, does not matter what religion you are. This is all about giving, and recieving a gift from a boardie. While it is obviously a Christmas thing, it is more about the giving Season, good cheer and all that Holiday cheer stuff.

Deadline to sign up is 10 Days from today[/b], (if I get late stragglers I will see what I can do)

Here is how it will work:

Send me a PM (Personal Message)

Please make the title of that PM, HOLIDAY GIFT EXCHANGE SIGN UP

Include your FULL name and shipping information. A SHORT list of possible comic related items you would like to recieve as a gift( please note, this does not mean you will get what you ask for) I will pass this information along to the person chosen to be your Santa

Minimum Gift Value is to be $30(but you can GIVE more if you choose to)

news.gif If you do not feel comfortable spending at least $30, PM me and I will add you to a new $10 price tier. This is more about giving a gift then receiving one. So please don't let the $30 dollar amount keep you from signing up. I want everyone who wants to join, to do so.

The gift you will send is to be COMIC book related. No other rules. It is up to YOU to decide if you want to buy them something NEW, or pick out a book(s) from your own collection. Or wether or not you tailor your gift to the recipients taste, or expose them to something new.

Since we have alot of international members I also need to know if it comes down to it would you be willing to incur the added cost of overseas shipping. Please note this in your PM by saying "YES I will ship anywhere." I will then try and pair up our overseas friends with those who can afford to foot the bill.

After 2 weeks I check my list...not once but twice, decide who has been naughty and who if anyone was nice, then let everyone know who they will be Santa for. You will then decide what to give,wrap it up in some type of Holiday paper and box. (in other words, dont stick a comic in a Priority mailer and say"here") You are required to WRAP the gift, ok? And feel free to let the recipient know who the gift was from.

Please don't sign up if you cannot meet the deadline, for whatever reason. We dont want any boardies to not recieve a gift if they signed up.

That's about it.

Only 45 shopping days left!

Ze-

Nice turnout so far. 17 people have signed up already. headbang.gif

Donut had a good point in his PM to me. He mentioned who he was Santa for last year as well as who gave to him. I have last years master list in hand so I will make sure if I draw the name of someone who either gave, or recieved last year they will not do the same this year, I will redraw that persons name so there are no dupes, or repeats from last years exchange.

Thnx to the D-nut for bringing that up.

Ze-

This isn't as easy as it looks...you need to put a lot of thought into the gift.....not sure I can make the deadline......can't seem to make decisions very easy these days.

Oh what the heck.................I'm in again. thumbsup2.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif This year I've been very good and I'd like a Larson or Church copy of some esoteric GGA book. insane.gif

No Church or Larson for you.....is the world I'm living in right now. flowerred.gif

life is good.......................I'm in.................i'll figure out what this all means on Monday after we hopefully see the Giants kick some Bear azz tomorrow night at the Meadowlands.................... grin.gif

It means a Burntboy special care package on it's way to me with TOS in the title. cloud9.gif

I'm in again. Comicdey, if you get me just pack up that Spirit #22 and send it over. That way you won't have to make any hard decisions! grin.gif

I'm in again. Comicdey, if you get me just pack up that Spirit #22 and send it over. That way you won't have to make any hard decisions! grin.gif

you can have a scan of the front cover for your gift poke2.gifflowerred.gif