• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

111 posts in this topic

Setting a minimum value is normal in a exchange like this I think. I mainly just tried to set it at a level where everyone could find something nice to give, and also recieve something nice. Most times people give way more then the minimum anyways.. But I think to safegard somebody from recieving a trashed out copy of Spawn #32, when they sent their person a well thought out pricey gift a minimum value is needed.

To me it is really all about the giving and sharing. Trying to squirm over what you will get the person you are Santa for.

But in the end I just want it to be fair. So I set a minimum value. People can give more if they wish to, but this way we will all be assured of a gift that will hopefully be a nice addition to our collection.

I hope I am not alone in this way of thinking.

Ze-

Setting a minimum value is normal in a exchange like this I think. I mainly just tried to set it at a level where everyone could find something nice to give, and also recieve something nice. Most times people give way more then the minimum anyways.. But I think to safegard somebody from recieving a trashed out copy of Spawn #32, when they sent their person a well thought out pricey gift a minimum value is needed.

To me it is really all about the giving and sharing. Trying to squirm over what you will get the person you are Santa for.

But in the end I just want it to be fair. So I set a minimum value. People can give more if they wish to, but this way we will all be assured of a gift that will hopefully be a nice addition to our collection.

Ze-

A mimimum is obviously fine....but don't worry yourself about it too much. Kenny, you're sometimes toooooo nice a guy. Set the parameters...and go with it.

I don't remember hearing about anyone complaining last year(of course they might have complained to you, though). Plus if you're giving from your own collection, then there isn't any new costs to the giver. The hardest part is deciding which book(s) you can part with(which of course is offset by the anticipation of what you will receive in return).

My gift will probably be in the $50 range....otherwise known as about two weeks worth of new books. Which is not a great sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. Unless I draw Silvers24's name, then I'll just send about 50 McFarlane Spideys and hope they reach $15 in value. stooges.gif

How's this.

Everybody STFU, follow my rules or there will by NO Christmas this year!!

No presents for YOU!!!... back of the line. sumo.gif

That better? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ze-

How's this.

Ze-

Yeah!

Tell em Santa

Ze-

A mimimum is obviously fine....but don't worry yourself about it too much. Kenny, you're sometimes toooooo nice a guy. Set the parameters...and go with it.

I don't remember hearing about anyone complaining last year(of course they might have complained to you, though). Plus if you're giving from your own collection, then there isn't any new costs to the giver. The hardest part is deciding which book(s) you can part with(which of course is offset by the anticipation of what you will receive in return).

My gift will probably be in the $50 range....otherwise known as about two weeks worth of new books. Which is not a great sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. Unless I draw Silvers24's name, then I'll just send about 50 McFarlane Spideys and hope they reach $15 in value. stooges.gif

Nah, I have to many McFarlane Spidies already. poke2.gif

However a nice ASM #1 would be great. grin.gifdevil.gif

Unless I draw Silvers24's name, then I'll just send about 50 McFarlane Spideys and hope they reach $15 in value. stooges.gif

Nah, I have too many McFarlane Spidies already. poke2.gif

Developing a taste for the rich foods, eh?

Would a copy of Marvel Tales #138 suffice?

How's this.

Ze-

No more, Mr nice Ze-- No more, Mr clean eenn eeen enn

Zee's sick - Zee's obscene eeen enn!!!!!!!!!

Unless I draw Silvers24's name, then I'll just send about 50 McFarlane Spideys and hope they reach $15 in value. stooges.gif

Nah, I have too many McFarlane Spidies already. poke2.gif

Developing a taste for the rich foods, eh?

Would a copy of Marvel Tales #138 suffice?

If I knew what it was about. 27_laughing.gif

Nah, AF 15 or ASM #1. 9.0 for either. sumo.gif

How's this.

Ze-

No more, Mr nice Ze-- No more, Mr clean eenn eeen enn

Zee's sick - Zee's obscene eeen enn!!!!!!!!!

English or gibberish sir? 27_laughing.gifol poke2.gif