• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I Love CGC ! How about you ?

32 posts in this topic

CGC certainly leveled the playing field for the average collector to buy and sell comics safely. And this forum is indeed a noteworthy positive contribution to the hobby.

We all may have issues with different aspects of CGC. But in the end I think most of us here are still here because deep down we think CGC is a positive force in the hobby.

Ze-

I've got my problems with some of CGC's grading sometimes, but ultimately I do like having the security of CGC's opinion when buying a book online from a seller I don't know and trust.

I really like this forum. Great fans with great collections, and a wealth of humour, insight and passion.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, I LOVE the fact that CGC has fostered the current collector mentality of 'High Grade' to mean only 9.4 and up (on silver and bronze anyway). This has made life so much easier on me, a collector of who prizes 8.0-9.0 books as well. Thanks to CGC moving the bar away from those grades, they have become some of the very best bargains in comics.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, I LOVE the fact that CGC has fostered the current collector mentality of 'High Grade' to mean only 9.4 and up (on silver and bronze anyway). This has made life so much easier on me, a collector of who prizes 8.0-9.0 books as well. Thanks to CGC moving the bar away from those grades, they have become some of the very best bargains in comics.

Very true. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif