• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here are print runs on Ultimate Spiderman books.

6 posts in this topic

A few of you asked Figures or print runs on Ultimate Spiderman books.

Ultimate Spiderman # 1 - 354117 of them produced. Variant #1 about 10 thousand.

#s 2 thru about 15-, figure range is between 147 and 154 thousand each. And, # 5 is no more less a print run than any of the others at 153 thousand produced dispelling the low print run myth. Sounds just like a Conan # 3 which has same distribution as any of the other conans. See CBG from 3 weeks ago.

Still, I would rather own and older book like Amazing Spiderman # 300 print run of 270 thousand from years back with a mint price raw of $ 80 than pay $ 350 or higher for an Ultimate Spidey # 1 varient. Lets see, I could own between 4 and 8 # 300s for the price of 1 Ulitmate varient. Ill go the the # 300s.

Anyway, hope these figures are useful to any of those who requested them

Regards, Pangea

Very interesting info. I've sold (flipped) several of these and people do pay much more for them although everyone is coming to their senses lately on just about every USM. Who started the #5 "low print run" myth then? Deep Throat?

Very interesting info. I've sold (flipped) several of these and people do pay much more for them although everyone is coming to their senses lately on just about every USM. Who started the #5 "low print run" myth then? Deep Throat?

Once again, it goes back to avaialablity. The reason the 5 was so high compared to others is the low order and because MArvel surprised retailers with their no reorder policy coming out. This was the USM book affected. Maybe same amount were printed but definitely underordered and thus less demand satisfied, creating the higher prices on this particular back issue.

#s 2 thru about 15-, figure range is between 147 and 154 thousand each. And, # 5 is no more less a print run than any of the others at 153 thousand produced dispelling the low print run myth. Sounds just like a Conan # 3 which has same distribution as any of the other conans. See CBG from 3 weeks ago.

Still, I would rather own and older book like Amazing Spiderman # 300 print run of 270 thousand from years back with a mint price raw of $ 80 than pay $ 350 or higher for an Ultimate Spidey # 1 varient. Lets see, I could own between 4 and 8 # 300s for the price of 1 Ulitmate varient. Ill go the the # 300s.

Regards, Pangea

Wasn't your first post on this forum asking about the print runs for USM and 30 days of night? Where did this plethora of skewd info come from? tongue.gif

Regards, Pangea

Wasn't your first post on this forum asking about the print runs for USM and 30 days of night? Where did this plethora of skewd info come from? tongue.gif

This is the info from the Standard Catalog... and it's wrong...

#5 has the lowest print run of the first 12 issues. Marvel produced a sizable number of newsstand copies (and a fair amount of overprinting) of the first three issues, and #4 was offered free to retailers if they matched their orders for a previous Amazing Spider-Man book. Marvel gave away over 40,000 copies of #4 as part of that promotion. But it wasn't until 6 that retailers could increase their orders to meet demand. Every store owner had extras of 4, and lots of folks picked up the series from that point. But the next issue that stores could bump their orders on was 6 because the orders for 5 had long been placed...

I got 100 free copies of #4 at my shop, and signed up an extra 25 subs as a result, but the first issue those folks could get was #6, because it was too late to bump my order for #5... That story was repeated all over the country...

The info in the Standard Catalog is taken from the circulation statements, which are annual averages (and one specific month). You can't pull month-by-month counts from them...