• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bronze age swipe?

26 posts in this topic

The laid out superhero pose is sort of a signature of Kanes and Kane copycats. Similar to the upturned nostrils that had an earlier thread. There have to be a ton of covers with Hulk and/or Ironman laid out like that. Here's another DD

dd77.jpg

Although these are nice covers and they are similar...I remain in the camp that feels there is only so many ways you can draw an unconscious person on the ground.

I don't really think we are seeing swipes so much.

If anything a lot of these may be tributes to other covers.

But carry on. popcorn.gif

The Avengers 136 v AA 12 is the same cover and story - I think on the splash it basically says that since AA was so unpopular they decided to reprint the issue in the Avengers title

Though it looks to be redrawn a little. thats not a swipe, more a reprint. And throw in the Head shots just for good measure.

Although these are nice covers and they are similar...I remain in the camp that feels there is only so many ways you can draw an unconscious person on the ground.

I have to agree. Not so much swipes as a predominant style of the time period. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have to agree. Not so much swipes as a predominant style of the time period. confused-smiley-013.gif

yea maybe swipe wasn't the correct word. tribute is better. and man i completly forgot about that marvel team up 3. and i have it

frustrated.gif

The swipe used the most is from the X-Men 136.Ive seen that swipe used over 10 times easy..

are you talking about the one where cyclops is holding..........well i forget who he is holding. it looks just like that d.c. crisis book where superman is holding super girl? wizard just did an artical about that. it's actually from a 1958 charlton book. well that was the first. then it has been coppied some 45 times. something like that. they showed all the covers.

havn't had coffee yet this morning. can't spell or type. i apologize.

The swipe used the most is from the X-Men 136.Ive seen that swipe used over 10 times easy..
You mean like how it was swiped 8 years before? yeahok.gif

1296_4_128.jpg