• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ah..the Wonder of ebay

31 posts in this topic

i was on the first one (the bad deal frown.gif ), when i restart to collec i did ( and still do) a lot of mistake...

my prob also is that a lot of good deal are only for usa if you check the guy send to us only to us or don't take paypal.... here in tokyo for silver age i mean it's more than dry , i realise that i should wait more there are not scarce books (that was not the case 13 years ago(in france) when i was collecting them)... i am learning the hard way .

The only piece of advice I can offer is that on Silver Age books below 8.5, paying multiples of Guide is a very big no-no, if you are purchasing with an eye towards reselling at some point in the future. Be patient, and the deals will come.

However, interestingly enough, on your auction, there were at least three bidders who thought the F.F. 15 VG+ was worth at least $125 (close to 2X Guide). Thats a bit suprising.

There are just some huge price variances these days on ebay. This was one surprising price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2181429799&category=32731

I bought my CGC 9.2 copy of this issue for $60 a few months ago. Could that one be $210 worth of extra quality?!!?

thanks for the advice

i learn that buying cgc low grade is no meaning... i was hot...

cgc is a good seller tool or high grade investor , i brought some t low grade 4,5/5) and now i am a little bit frustated not because of the price i paid ( that's my mistake) but i can't enjoy the book ,i like to read them ... read the letters page or that kind of stuff ... i don't plan to resell , i did it one time now i want to keep them but i will be more carefull (hum... i hope).

when i brought this ff i haven't check the price ... i saw some others peoples try to get it and beleved it was a "normal"price .

I bought my CGC 9.2 copy of this issue for $60 a few months ago.

I'm with ya James. F.F.s from 58-100 iin CGC 9.2 are comparative steals; often times available for below Guide or slightly above, while 9.4s still sell for crazy money. I recently acquired a CGC 9.2 FF 67 for dirt cheap, which was every bit as nice as the (suddenly expendable) #67 9.4 I sold on ebay for $500+.

Makes you wonder....

thanks for the advice

i learn that buying cgc low grade is no meaning... i was hot...

cgc is a good seller tool or high grade investor , i brought some t low grade 4,5/5) and now i am a little bit frustated not because of the price i paid ( that's my mistake) but i can't enjoy the book ,i like to read them ... read the letters page or that kind of stuff ... i don't plan to resell , i did it one time now i want to keep them but i will be more carefull (hum... i hope).

when i brought this ff i haven't check the price ... i saw some others peoples try to get it and beleved it was a "normal"price .

You'll get a good deal somewhere along the line to make up for it. For every comic you get on e-bay that you over-pay on, there's one you'll get a good deal on. Sure, I got a VF Journey Into Mystery 85 for $245.00 acclaim.gif, but I also paid $95.00 for a VG- Atom #2. blush.gif

So, don't feel bad.

Just one of those things that make e-bay a wonder. grin.gif

that's ok i don't feel bad i like this comics it looks cool .

my mistake was the cgc part i should buy one raw for this kind of grade.

i collect/ sell japanese toys and most of my customers over paycompare the deal i do here but they feel ok because it's hard to find outside japan , the fact was i win this ff with only 1$ different (that 's why i trought it was ok )... all the others bidders were americans and they make the price go so up this is more a surprise for me now, confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Don't feel too bad, Blip. You're learning. There are a couple of books I've bought that when I look back on, I groan.

If you're looking for lower grade books, you might have a better chance bidding on books that aren't slabbed. Or better yet, look on some dealer websites for VG/VG+ books. Put up a want-list in the "Marketplace". Some of us have reader copies or have access to books and could help you fill your want lists.

And, if you're happy with the book, screw it. It was worth it to you.

Chris

There are just some huge price variances these days on ebay. This was one surprising price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2181429799&category=32731

I bought my CGC 9.2 copy of this issue for $60 a few months ago. Could that one be $210 worth of extra quality?!!?

Well, for one thing that high bidder is determined when it comes to high grade FF. He beat a bid I placed on a 9.4 #57 a couple of months back, and I thought my bid was already high.

But regardless of the bidder, 9.4 FF's have almost always traded that high or higher. It's more that you got your 9.2 cheap, than this 9.4 being over-priced.

Either way, it's becoming apparent that buying 9.2's(and being very picky with them) is the most cost effective way to score a NM book. Eventually, the gap will begin closing.

Either way, it's becoming apparent that buying 9.2's(and being very picky with them) is the most cost effective way to score a NM book. Eventually, the gap will begin closing.

This is true... in so many cases, the gap between prices paid for 9.2 and 9.4 doesn't reflect the gap in quality, especially for strong 9.2s.

Here's another nutso price on a FF # 15, what's going on here? Is the Mad Thinker the next great Marvel movie villain or what? No grade given or anything..of course, its a private auction, which always brings into question the integrity of the bids.

Still.... FF 15 raw

I knew I should have bought the FF #15 VF+. I actually bid trying to hit the reserve, but because I was leaving on a flight in the morning, and I'm winning over $10K of books on Heritage SD auction, and I'm trying to buy two collections for over $20K and .......................... ahhhhhhh, I should just hit the BIN. 893frustrated.gif

Nice pick-up JiveTurkeyMoFo!!