• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ah..the Wonder of ebay

31 posts in this topic

This kind of stuff happens all the time on ebay so I don't think there is anything particularly earth shattering about the FF 15. Last week a Hulk 115 9.6 went for over $300 and I bought a 9.4 a few days ago for $100 - but ComicLink has a 9.6 for $400 and a 9.4 for $250. On the other hand a few weks ago I paid $150 for a Hulk 119 9.4 and a 9.2 sold at Showcase for like $40! I won several books in the Showcase sale this wwekend at bargain prices - evrything went pretty cheap except the high grade JiM which have recently attracted a lot of folks with too much money and not enough brains obviously. There have been lots of good deals on ebay lately and this upcomung week has some very good stuff. In fact there is much more stuff on ebay that interests me than at Heritage - Comiclink's new stuff and style is interesting but the prices on a lot of the books are from an alternate Marvel universe where the prices froze at the top of Spidey movie mania.

Looks like it is time to change ebay names again! Yeah that could come down to the wire. Also some very nice X-men up tonight - an X-men 14 9.6. That is a beauty. That FF 12 is also very sharp and hard to find. And then there is the Spidey 14 9.2 with an asking price of only $3500- a bargain considering a 9.4 at $9000 to $10000! There are also several other fairly difficult to find high grade books on ebay now. Was tempted by the Surfer 1 9.4 with Showcase that sold fro a fairly low $1075 - on a 9.4!

This kind of stuff happens all the time on ebay so I don't think there is anything particularly earth shattering about the FF 15.

I was watching this auction as well and noticed the seller was also selling a FF 16 which appeared to be in as good shape. It also went for well over $350.00. Certainly both looked like they were at least VF's, although the scans were small. I coundn't be sure if an antiques dealer would know whether or not these comics were restored or not. Looking at the scan certainly raised my suspicions. On the surface both appered to be a risky auctions to bid on.

On the surface both appered to be a risky auctions to bid on.

Yep., I agree. Especially with the final prices being as crazy as they were, it really calls into question the integrity of a private auction.

Still, the recent run up on F.F. 15 & 16 on ebay raises two questions:

1). How much room do they realistically have to grow, considering they are contemporaries to books like Spidey # 3 & 4.

2). Where the heck are all the nice # 17s & # 18s?

Looks like it is time to change ebay names again!

Changing your ID won't help you if someone wants to look you up. If you change your name, and someone does a search on "ultimatenullifyer" it will still link to you and whatever your new ID is.

about the ff that antiquevendors had for sell nobody asked to them better

pict ??? i did ... the 11,12 ,15,16,17 looks like in a great shape ,don't know by the cgc standard but to me it was for the 11,12 vf+ ... if somebody want to see i still have the pict somewhere on my hd.

I asked for pictures on the 14, 15, and 16. The back of the 15 and front of the 16 have what looks like foxing all over the front and back covers. I've personally never seen Silver Age books with as much foxing as those had; it looks like they were stored in quite a damp environment.

For the curious out there, here are the big scans with the foxing:

FF 15 back

FF 16 front

I asked for pictures on the 14, 15, and 16. The back of the 15 and front of the 16 have what looks like foxing all over the front and back covers. I've personally never seen Silver Age books with as much foxing as those had; it looks like they were stored in quite a damp environment.

For the curious out there, here are the big scans with the foxing:

FF 15 back

FF 16 front

I am so glad I passed on these comics. I personally can't stand books with foxing on them and these most definitely have foxing. Glad I went with my instincts. Winning bidders paid way too much. And I also have to criticize the sellers for not mentioning the mould. As antique dealers, I'm sure they knew better. mad.gif