• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Cons/Shows

6 posts in this topic

I’m hoping to make it to a show this weekend in Virginia at the Dunn Loring F.D.

So earlier today I was attempting to get together in my head what I’m looking for so I have some type of direction when I get there. Then I thought……..who the hell am I kidding? Every time I go to a show I do the same thing. I try and talk myself into being disciplined and stick to only what I’m looking for. But the second I take my first step into the room. Take one look around at all the amazing books. Well let’s just say I completely loose my memory. I have no idea what the hell I am even doing there. and I end up leaving with a stack of books, none of witch are what I went in for.

Anyone else have that similar spontaneous memory loss? How do you approach a show?

I ususally have a want list either written down or in mind when I show up at a show. For example, I went to one on Sunday looking only for Picture Frame Caps and other Picture Frames. I didnt find any Caps that fit the bill and only bought 1 Picture Frame at all.

What I usually do though is I walk the room and look at dealers wall books and get a feel for the layout of the show and whether dealers have brought there nice stuff or their $1/$2/$5 material.

I then work off of my want list. If there is nothing that strikes my fancy then I move on to things that catch my eye.

Arex