• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Cover or Splash OA finance related

9 posts in this topic

Artist immaterial. Looking to spend a maximum $1000 that I can frame and put in my office. Must have been published. Examples might be as follows.

Richie Rich covers - These should be money related not adventure or action shots. Also, any significant glue (common on some of the covers) will be a significant detractor for me but not a nonstarter.

Uncle Scrooge/Beagle Boys - Obviously Barks is out, but if there are other non Barks covers I'd be interested. Not sure if there are many splash pages out there.

Supervillains Robbing banks or stealing money or being greedy.

Discovered treasure - not that exciting for me but possible.

Stock Market related - Very Interested.

If its an interior page, I'd be intersted but it would really need to fit what I am looking for. A random 6 panel shot of Archie walking into a bank isn't going to cut it. If it were Super Archie catching a bank thief, that would be well considered.

Contacts are appreciated but I'm more looking to deal person to person. Thank you for checking it out. Feel free to show off posibilities.

Ed

Ed,

I may have a Wm Van Horn pencil prelim cover w/ Beagle Boys on it but it is already framed & would cost a small fortune to ship to USA from Canada.

I have a Barks Money Lake color prelim that I don't want to sell.

Let me know if any of these signed Disney originals interest u:

right hand side inked Disney ad from Overstreet #24 (New X-men on cover) pg A-33. The Don Rosa Uncle Scrooge sitting on a sacks of $$ lightboxed & inked by Van Horn.

butterfly1.jpg

Sorry, don't have my digital camera in the house or a pic. Think the Van Horn Beagles cover had a shark on the cover. Framed finished pencil prelim, no logo.

Also have a Van Horn complete pencil story of about 10 pages on mag sized paper. Storyline involves Donald vs Gladstone Gander in a lottery. Last set of complete story art I eBayed quite high for about $525 or $545.

2 samples from the published Disney story:

cluck1.jpg

Ed,

The right hand Disney stars ad art is inked but does not have the lettering (which was probably done by computer) on the published Ostreet #24 glossy color ad.

I have been told by some Duck fanatics that the long-necked Donald Duck drawing in lower left hand corner was lightboxed by Van Horn from a Floyd Gottfredson image. Note: neither Gottfredson's nor Don Rosa's pencil ever touched this original art.

butterfly1.jpg