• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anhyone ever send something for Reholdering and gotten a higher Grade

17 posts in this topic

My guess would be no but wouldn't that be great if it happened. I do know that if your comic has been damaged in the holder since you had it graded the grade could go lower but I think they want you to spend more money to have the comic regraded for a higher grade. I think this is CGC's problem. I know that to error is human but people have proven that having comics sent in over and over again will wield positve results. I keep thinking of the scans Notch Top posted of his ASM #4 that was an 8.5 and then he resubmitted it again and got a 9.0 then he resubmitted it a third time and got a 9.2. I just don't think this should happen. I know no one is perfect but it makes CGC look bad and if the consumer loses faith in CGC's ability to grade a book then all the high prices will crash and it won't be pretty. OMG did I just say crash? Joe Collector is gone right? This could be bad folks. 27_laughing.gif

Ericc123

They are not supposed to re-grade the book for a re-holder...Unless they find that the book has been compromised in the holder...and then they will grade it lower,...but I have never heard it grade higher.

J.D.

Reholdering is simply that.. a reholdering. The cost reflects this. To my knowledge the book does not enter the grading process.

They will grade it down if they discover that there has been some damage to lower the grade! insane.gif

Reholdering is simply that.. a reholdering. The cost reflects this. To my knowledge the book does not enter the grading process.

They will grade it down if they discover that there has been some damage to lower the grade! insane.gif

Yep that happened to a forum member. I remember reading a thread about it........... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Have you had that happen....? I suppose if the book is clearly not in the original grade, they'd have no choice. I can't see enough attention being paid to pick up an extra scuff or stress mark, though.

Have you had that happen....? I suppose if the book is clearly not in the original grade, they'd have no choice. I can't see enough attention being paid to pick up an extra scuff or stress mark, though.

Nope...I've been lucky but some posters haven't been! Suckas! Bonds25 had a Spidey 300 go from 9.8 to 9.6! 893frustrated.gif

Found the thread. Rickdogg punks the guy out too. laugh.gif

Rdogg - you are missed! I laughed again after reading that thread for the second time. It's all about karma... 27_laughing.gif

Thanks for bringing back the fun memories smile.gif

Rdogg - you are missed! I laughed again after reading that thread for the second time. It's all about karma... 27_laughing.gif

Too bad not everyone here is going to SD because I am 99% sure that I am going smile.gif Can't wait to meet everyone and jab greggy in the nuts.

Too bad not everyone here is going to SD because I am 99% sure that I am going smile.gif Can't wait to meet everyone and jab greggy in the nuts.

Bring the camera fool! mad.gif

What nuts? Donde esta greggy's cajones?

What nuts? Donde esta greggy's cajones?

Screw you dork! tongue.gif