• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20c Listing Day : 11/21

35 posts in this topic

I seriously hate these cheap listing days. Everything that gets put up is the same overpriced drek I have seen 20 times before from the same sellers. 893censored-thumb.gif
On it. yay.gif

Canada is today

I seriously hate these cheap listing days. Everything that gets put up is the same overpriced drek I have seen 20 times before from the same sellers. 893censored-thumb.gif

I plan to put up some new overpriced drek flowerred.gif

I'll just put up drek!

I had a great 20 cent listing day last time. Sold stuff at nosebleed prices!

I didn't. In fairness, I did sell one high end item after I lowered the fixed BIN price by $50 and offered the guy free shipping. I figure I saved most of that $50 anyway since he paid with a money order instead of with Paypal. I also sold one other item after another $50 price reduction, but it was on the last day with hours to go before the listing ended. The buyer had emailed me days earlier requesting another price reduction, and I never bothered to respond. Guess he really wanted the book afterall... tongue.gif

Good news for me is that I sold ALL the books I've wanted to in the last two weeks, so I don't have anything to list. yay.gif

Bad news is I own ebay stock and I'm wondering what three reduced price listing days in a month means in terms of the revenue outlook. confused-smiley-013.gif

After doing terribly at the National Comic Con this weekend, I'm thinking of taking advantage of the listing day and listing everything I brought w/ me to New York at reasonable prices. I'm just worried if I do I will get buried by the same stuff everyone has already seen a hundred times. Any suggestions from people who have used these listing days before? Am I better off saving the $$ and putting everything up today or paying full price and listing next week?

After doing terribly at the National Comic Con this weekend, I'm thinking of taking advantage of the listing day and listing everything I brought w/ me to New York at reasonable prices. I'm just worried if I do I will get buried by the same stuff everyone has already seen a hundred times. Any suggestions from people who have used these listing days before? Am I better off saving the $$ and putting everything up today or paying full price and listing next week?

You were at the National confused-smiley-013.gif Where were you set up

Honestly, I would do it today. I've traditionally have had good sales over the long Thanksgiving day weekend. Considering many people take/have tomorrow off as well, you have 4-5 days where people will stay at home and shop online on ebay or other venues.

At the very least, its a cheap way to advertise your comics. Even if someone is strapped this time around, at least they know you have something they want and may approach you about it after the listing, and that knowledge only costs you a whopping two dimes.

BTW, what happened at the National? Minimal traffic, poor table location, or was there just an absence of genuine buyers?

You were at the National confused-smiley-013.gif Where were you set up

Actually it was my g/f and a friend of hers who set up. (I wasn't able to make it to this one) Originally we weren't going to go since I knew I was likely not going to be able to make it, but we were talked into it after being told it was going to be a huge show and told we were going to get one of the best spots to set up etc. Then we were given a spot WAY in a back corner somewhere. Really upsetting. You could've been there all three days and still probably missed it. From what I hear the booth was set up next to someone selling swords. Anyway, when everything was said and done, didn't even sell enough to cover the cost of setting up at the show. So now its time for eBay I guess.