• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Friends DVD

14 posts in this topic

Finally picked up the Super Friends DVD "Attack of the Legion of Doom". It's got 4 episodes + extras. You gotta love the Legion of Doom, 13 super-villains hell-bent on destroying the Justice League & conquering the world. Fabulous stuff, I remember watching it originally in the late 70s. FYI, the next Super Friends DVD will be released July 22nd.

Finally picked up the Super Friends DVD "Attack of the Legion of Doom". It's got 4 episodes + extras. You gotta love the Legion of Doom, 13 super-villains hell-bent on destroying the Justice League & conquering the world. Fabulous stuff, I remember watching it originally in the late 70s. FYI, the next Super Friends DVD will be released July 22nd.

Did you lift it or actually pay for it? sumo.gif

The next Super Friends DVD darn well better go back to the original well-spring

of 1973,when the show first premiered.The late 70's shows(not to mention that horrible imitation of an imitation"Super Powers" (*yechhh*) did nothing for me at all.

If you're gonna do something,do it right...

The next Super Friends DVD darn well better go back to the original well-spring

of 1973,when the show first premiered.The late 70's shows(not to mention that horrible imitation of an imitation"Super Powers" (*yechhh*) did nothing for me at all.

If you're gonna do something,do it right...

Speaking of going back to the original well-spring, 893offtopic1.gif, does anyone remember the old, old Superman cartoons from the 40's (I think)? I ran across them during late-nights on like Nickelodeon before they went to the Nick-at-Nite format. Maybe it's the beer talkin' but they were awesome! Great color, etc. Real old school.

fleischer's supes rocks

They really do. They used a shadowing technique that gave the graphics some real depth and quality. And was nice to see Supes "jumping" as opposed to "flying". My fave was the one with the robot army. Forget which. Must replenish my Fleischer stock. Haven't seen that since about 1992.

actually i just dug them up, there's 3 VCD's

disc 1:

superman

mechanical monster

the billion dollar limited

the bulleteers

the artic giant

disc 2:

magnetic telescope

electric earthquake

volcano

terror on the midway

japoteurs

showdown

disc 3:

eleventh hour

destruction, inc.

the mummy strikes

jungle drums

underground world

secret agent

and the VCD's are puzzletoons, alright kids, im out for the night, have a safe and fun saturday night! 893blahblah.gif