• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have one complete Golden Age run...

68 posts in this topic

All-Star Comics 1-57. I'd love to have them in high grade, but I'm collecting them in VG to F to ease the wallet pain. I've got 22 of them so far.

When I complete the run, I may start on Captain America or Walt Disney's Comics and Stories.

If we aren't reselling, the Mile High Adventure and pre-adventure run... the other runs like action may be more valuable and have the better single book but the adventure run has a lot of great books - way more variety acclaim.gif I'm kind of assuming I have to read the books. A single hero run would probably bore me by issue 50 or 100

hello all...

Detective 1-53...

rick

Me too. My backup set would be Flash 1 - 104.

hello all...

eerie...I would rate flash 1-104 in my top 3 (with Batman 1-100 #2, and then Whiz, AA and Action would follow)

rick

It is eerie! I did the Batman first, then the Whiz. Haven't chased the Actions yet though, other than the first dozen or two that walked into the store. Might go after them one day.

Gotta get the Flash done and the Tecs!

Hmm, yeah, Marvel Mystery would be up there.... if we leave fantasy land for a moment and talk about runs I'd think about putting together, a vg marvel mystery run would be the first thing I would do. Obviously the mile high adventures would be a litttttttle too pricey to be realistic smile.gif

Action 1-98. Gotta love those large logos, and for me, Superman war covers define the Golden Age.

Shorter runs would be the Schomburg cover run on any Nedor title. Of those, I think Thrilling would be my favorite.

I doubt I shocked anyone with my selections. shy.gif

Long run: Marvel Mystery 1-92

Mid-size run: Cat-Man 1-32

Short Run: Suspense 1-12

All in raw 6.0-9.0, pretty enough to look at, but not so nice I would be afraid to thumb through them.

That's a very tough question. Of course, there are the usual suspects already mentioned but I keep on wondering how cool it would be to have a complete run of Tip Top for example with strip-goodness. I'm sure I'm going to get thrown out in 2 seconds flat with this suggestion. There is also the complete Four Color run and someone did mention the WDCS run which would be very cool. Still,

Long-run - Police Comics 1 - 127

Mid-size run - Military Comics 1 - 43 or Modern Comics 44 - 101

Short run - ME's Ghost Rider 1 - 14

Ask me again in three hours and I'll come up with another set of answers insane.gif

All-Star Comics 1-57. I'd love to have them in high grade, but I'm collecting them in VG to F to ease the wallet pain. I've got 22 of them so far.

When I complete the run, I may start on Captain America or Walt Disney's Comics and Stories.

Congrats! You avatar is one my favorite GA covers.

511.jpg

I had a feable bid on the Church copy that was on ebay recently. cloud9.gif

well I hate to be cliche' but my first pick would be Action #1-108 all in strict Fine or better,. already have 8 of those issues,.. whoo hoo ! yay.gif

my second pick would be Detective #1-60, those pre-Batman covers are really cool, plus the Batman covers aren't too shabby either. wink.gif

I'd like the SanFrancisco Pep run. There's something about the story behind the collection that's very moving. Maybe not the best choice from a financial standpoint, but at the end of our run we're not going to be judged by the value of our collection.