• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have one complete Golden Age run...

68 posts in this topic

As long as we're doing this, I'd like to say that I want my run to be unslabbed. I remember when I was a kid in Oakland there was a big comic collector named Barry Bauman. He has thousands and thousands of GA comics in cardboard boxes and stacked on bookshelves and on the floor in his "Batcave". We'd spend hours laying on the floor reading these books without having to take them out of mylars. It was great. I would binge read More Funs and Adventures and All Stars. I've never seen as many books privately since. We use to hang the Pep 22's on the wall and throw darts at them. Those were the days.

Bauman?! Bauman?!....He owes me money!!!

frustrated.gif

As long as we're doing this, I'd like to say that I want my run to be unslabbed. I remember when I was a kid in Oakland there was a big comic collector named Barry Bauman. He has thousands and thousands of GA comics in cardboard boxes and stacked on bookshelves and on the floor in his "Batcave". We'd spend hours laying on the floor reading these books without having to take them out of mylars. It was great. I would binge read More Funs and Adventures and All Stars. I've never seen as many books privately since. We use to hang the Pep 22's on the wall and throw darts at them. Those were the days.

frustrated.gif

I don't know if you can still collect, but the cemetary he resides in is still in Oakland.

frustrated.gif

I don't know if you can still collect, but the cemetary he resides in is still in Oakland.

Where's my shovel??.....

Ouch!! No love lost I take it frown.gif How much did he owe you?

I was just kidding Bronty, I actually have never heard of the guy. His name sounded funny, so I used it in context of Bill Murray in "Stripes". It is an old gag of mine.

I used it with Wu Tang in another thread the other day.