• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How should we realign the marketplace forums?

How should the marketplace forums be realigned?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. How should the marketplace forums be realigned?

9 posts in this topic

Let's see what everyone's thoughts are on the discussion going in the marketplace regarding realignment of the marketplace forums. I think once we come to a concensus as to the type of macro-change we feel is needed, we can iron out the micro-details and (hopefully not too detailed) rules next.

I don't think that it should be realigned or new rules set in place. I think the problem lies in the enforcement of the rules that are already published.

The problem is, there are no "already published rules", although there are "guidelines":

1. Comics related material only.

2. To be used only for mixed selling by real members of the community.

3. Not to be used for promoting "pay to play" giveaways.

4. No spamming. Keep the number of new threads to a reasonable standard per person. If you're exceeding a post per day over time, simply to occupy more screen real estate, it's likely to be considered spamming.

5. Use the post icon for posts that are announcements of ebay sales.

6. Certified comics limited to CGC only.

7. No seller may list their sales under another seller's for sale thread.

As you can see, no mention is even made of "dealer" status in the guidelines. The "dealer" distinction is only mentioned in the forum description, but "dealer" is undefined. I believe given your inclinations, you would fit into the 2nd option above. thumbsup2.gif

Separate forums are needed for "Direct Sales" (books available immediately and listed/priced in the post, doesn't matter if the seller is a collector, investor, dealer, etc), "Indirect Sales" (ebay and dealer website pointers), and "WTB".

I don't think that it should be realigned or new rules set in place. I think the problem lies in the enforcement of the rules that are already published.

The problem is, there are no "already published rules", although there are "guidelines":

1. Comics related material only.

2. To be used only for mixed selling by real members of the community.

3. Not to be used for promoting "pay to play" giveaways.

4. No spamming. Keep the number of new threads to a reasonable standard per person. If you're exceeding a post per day over time, simply to occupy more screen real estate, it's likely to be considered spamming.

5. Use the post icon for posts that are announcements of ebay sales.

6. Certified comics limited to CGC only.

7. No seller may list their sales under another seller's for sale thread.

As you can see, no mention is even made of "dealer" status in the guidelines. The "dealer" distinction is only mentioned in the forum description, but "dealer" is undefined. I believe given your inclinations, you would fit into the 2nd option above. thumbsup2.gif

Guidlines or "norms" perhaps they should be made into enforceable rules of the forum 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but then again this debate, I think, should be handled by the newly formed comittee....put them to work

Separate forums are needed for "Direct Sales" (books available immediately and listed/priced in the post, doesn't matter if the seller is a collector, investor, dealer, etc), "Indirect Sales" (ebay and dealer website pointers), and "WTB".

I think that if that were to happen, the forum would be more of a "ebayish" type environment than it would be a place for collectors and hobbyists to get together and talk about comics, which is my reason for being here.

IMO, this whole is just taking up too much thought and effort.

the market place was fine before its split. So what if dealers spammed the Marketplace. Comic Supply did it when he got here and was quickly pounced on by the forum. Since that time he hasn't done it. Threads only have life if you post in them.

If your life in consumed by what goes on in the marketplace and whether someone is following the rules ro guidelines, then you really need to step away from the computer and find a life.

IMO, this whole is just taking up too much thought and effort.

the market place was fine before its split. So what if dealers spammed the Marketplace. Comic Supply did it when he got here and was quickly pounced on by the forum. Since that time he hasn't done it. Threads only have life if you post in them.

If your life in consumed by what goes on in the marketplace and whether someone is following the rules ro guidelines, then you really need to step away from the computer and find a life.

thumbsup2.gif