• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

But you haven't restricted the total number of sales threads at one time.

Sure it does, they can only have 4 active threads at one time. I guess they could start 4 new threads every 2 minutes, leave them up for 5 minutes, close them, then start 4 new threads such that they would have over 205 new threads per day, but I don't see that happening. (shrug)

With 1 thread allowed per day, one could have over 700 active threads after 2 years...but I don't see that happening either. (shrug)

The second is going to take up SUBSTANTIALLY less real estate, one of the main concerns voiced here. Again, the one per day doesn't have to mean 7 active threads per week(the rolling active total could be establshed at 4) but specifically limits the amount of real estate occupied, no?

And if you don't see those kind of things happening here, you have lost sight of why these discussion have started in the first place! :baiting:

When did this become a place that supported free thinking?

Why, how much are you getting charged? (shrug)

Edited by GACollectibles

And if you don't see those kind of things happening here, you have lost sight of why these discussion have started in the first place!

I can't remember the last time anyone had 4, much less 7, what I would consider to be active threads. Who are all these multi-thread posters? (shrug)

Dude, I put a pokey thing in there on purpose, but my point was if your are establishing parameters for a guideline they need to be spelled out. If you leave it to the common sense of people posting threads there will be disagreements on what the limits are.

I just prefer all the GA GGA sellers to PM me first with what they have to offer...forget threads all together. For that matter, whenever anyone has something sweet, rare, or just downright cool....pm me first.....just because you can.

:makepoint:

*sniff* I thought you only asked me those things;)

And if you don't see those kind of things happening here, you have lost sight of why these discussion have started in the first place!

I can't remember the last time anyone had 4, much less 7, what I would consider to be active threads. Who are all these multi-thread posters? (shrug)

Unfortunately, not everyone is as nice, reasonable or rational as you are...and if there are no numbers, in the guidelines, then it's just open season for someone to take over and take advantage...what was it that Andrew has quoted on his signature? I think that I mentioned several dealers who would give me the shakes when I PM'd you last week...anyway...

I know you'd be there Mike, IF there was a problem...but you and Divad and Vince and Pirate and all the others, can't be subject to spoonfuls of junk from people..(unless you find it's fun;)

Unfortunately, not everyone is as nice, reasonable or rational as you are...

:blush:

and if there are no numbers, in the guidelines, then it's just open season for someone to take over and take advantage...what was it that Andrew has quoted on his signature? I think that I mentioned several dealers who would give me the shakes when I PM'd you last week...anyway...

I know you'd be there Mike, IF there was a problem...but you and Divad and Vince and Pirate and all the others, can't be subject to spoonfuls of junk from people..(unless you find it's fun;)

Right, there is currently no definitive number in the guidelines, yet no one is out there "taking over and taking advantage" with 4...5...6...7 active threads. There needs to be a number b/c as is the language is vague (2 is fine, but 3 is a catastrophe?), but the "x total" format, I think, is better than the "x per day" format. (thumbs u

Unfortunately, not everyone is as nice, reasonable or rational as you are...

:blush:

and if there are no numbers, in the guidelines, then it's just open season for someone to take over and take advantage...what was it that Andrew has quoted on his signature? I think that I mentioned several dealers who would give me the shakes when I PM'd you last week...anyway...

Right, there is currently no definitive number in the guidelines, yet no one is out there "taking over and taking advantage" with 4...5...6...7 active threads. There needs to be a number b/c as is the language is vague (2 is fine, but 3 is a catastrophe?), but the "x total" format, I think, is better than the "x per day" format. (thumbs u

I see what you mean...OK, I'd vote for 1 to 2 new threads per day, with a max of no more than 3 at one time. The only reason I'd say no more than 1 new one a day,is because they DO tend to take over when there are new ones all at once, but I'd compromise because some people do Old and New stuff... and you are right about 3 as a max, if you want another, close the old one. (thumbs u

Well, Moondog did about two weeks ago. Three of them were started on the same evening. (thumbs u

How can you have guidelines when there is no manner of enforcement?

Jim, if we could agree some simple guidelines, I suspect that, providing there's not a lot of work involved, Arch would be happy to enforce them. (thumbs u

I am all for guidelines. Plus, I agree that they should be simple. Simple is the key as they do not need to read like some differential calculus equation. We, and I include myself, have had some very successful sales and I would hate to see that go. I think this is a situation where a few (very few) bad apples are spoiling it for the whole bunch.

Now, about this idea of having Page 3 girls pictured throughout the sales threads much like Arch's selling notice... :grin:

Having a few different threads might be manageable if self-bumping (no pun intended) was limited to new additions,price reductions and replies.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a riend of jesus) (thumbs u

When did this become a place that supported free thinking?

What's ya talking about?

Strikes and Bannings are always free around here!

:sumo: