• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mastro Auction...holy guacamole.....!!

52 posts in this topic

Nice pages! It'll be interesting to see what the final prices are. No credit cards, and full payment in 14 days..... takes a lot of buyers out of the mix.

Hey Hari,

I know that they considered trade from one buyer in the last auction and I just got off the phone with Chris Porter at Mastro to see what they would do or could do to make this easier for bidders.

It looks like they will consider taking trade on the pieces in the auction and they will discuss all monetary terms necessary to help get everyone involved in the bidding.

Needless to say I am stoked, there is no way I would have the cash for some of these pieces, but if they will take trade or be flexible in another way I have a shot.

Chris Porter mentioned that anyone with questions or who wants to discuss trade or trade/cash scenarios should give him a call through the main mastroauction.com number. (630) 472-1200

From the sound of it they are willing to do anything reasonable to get interested parties involved....good news for a working man like me thumbsup2.gif

Chris Caira

Sounds like Mastro is trying to prevent a repeat of the auction for the ASM #31 pages-- having a dealer win a number of pages on the cheap and then flipping them a month later for 2X. That can't be good for their reputation.

That page from #27 is just killer. Good luck to you guys, I won't be playing.

Hey Comic Art collectors -

Chris Caira is correct - we're interested in getting as many legitimate bids as possible in our auctions, for comic art and for everything. If you have an interest in an item or two from the auction that closes next Wednesday, Dec. 6th but think that the price is too much for you to come up with out of pocket, please feel free to contact me with viable items that you think we may be interested in trade. I can be reached at cporter@mastroauctions.com or directly at 231-946-8510.

Nexus - it's cute that you think our result on the ASM #31 wasn't up to par. You're the first person (to my knowledge) to express the belief that the $200,000+ realized for the pages wasn't enough.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Chris Porter

Hey Comic Art collectors -

Chris Caira is correct - we're interested in getting as many legitimate bids as possible in our auctions, for comic art and for everything. If you have an interest in an item or two from the auction that closes next Wednesday, Dec. 6th but think that the price is too much for you to come up with out of pocket, please feel free to contact me with viable items that you think we may be interested in trade. I can be reached at cporter@mastroauctions.com or directly at 231-946-8510.

Nexus - it's cute that you think our result on the ASM #31 wasn't up to par. You're the first person (to my knowledge) to express the belief that the $200,000+ realized for the pages wasn't enough.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Chris Porter

Hello Chris/Mastro,

I certainly meant no offense by what I wrote. So I apologize if any was taken. Nonetheless, the fact remains that a very prominent dealer bought a good number of pages and promptly turned around and sold them for (in many cases) double.

$200K is an impressive number, no doubt. Apparently, though, it could have been even higher. It does appear that you're now doing everything possible to encourage more bidders to participate. That's great and I wish you every success in this upcoming auction.

Felix Lu (Nexus)

Thanks Felix.

You mentioned earlier that you won't be involved in the bidding in this auction. As I have outlined in a separate thread, please feel free, if interested, to register with us at no cost until next Monday, December 4th, 2006 at www.mastroauctions.com, and hopefully we'll have something that's more up your alley in the next couple of auctions.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Felix.

You mentioned earlier that you won't be involved in the bidding in this auction. As I have outlined in a separate thread, please feel free, if interested, to register with us at no cost until next Monday, December 4th, 2006 at www.mastroauctions.com, and hopefully we'll have something that's more up your alley in the next couple of auctions.

Regards,

Chris

No $75 charge??????????????? Do I need to put a cc on file? I wont be billed?

Royale -

That's right - no charge! You do need to put a CC# on file, but it will not be charged if you register by next Monday. When you go to the site to register, enter all of your contact info, and in the box labled "Interests" enter "comic promo." Those are the magic words that will allow you to enter a garden of unimaginable splendor...

But seriously, have fun - the registration will allow you to bid on any lot in the auction. Feel free to contact me directly with any other questions.

Chris

Mastro Auctions

www.mastroauctions.com

I may have to post some art for sale to get in on Mastro's Auction that ends tonight. They have 6-7 items sitting at 1/3 of value or less and I can't pass them up. Kirby FF for $800 and Romita Spidey for $2500 is "way back machine" price levels.

Since Chris at Mastro will be flexible with me in terms and possible trade I may try and sell a couple items to fellow collectors and if that doesn't work out trade them to Mastro.

Take a peek at my site HULK-SMASH.COM and let me know if anything moves you. You can PM me here if you'd like.

This should probably go in the Marketplace, but since the thread started here I thought this the best place for it.

Best,

Chris Caira

Take a peek at my site HULK-SMASH.COM and let me know if anything moves you. You can PM me here if you'd like.

This should probably go in the Marketplace, but since the thread started here I thought this the best place for it.

Best,

Chris Caira

Mr Caira,

I quite like that sketch of Joker in his armchair....

J 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Best,

Chris Caira

Mr Caira,

I quite like that sketch of Joker in his armchair....

J 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Oh you area cheeky one aren't you? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh that reminds me....SOME STUFF IS UNTOUCHABLE... 893naughty-thumb.gif

but asking is still ok. thumbsup2.gif

Chris

I may have to post some art for sale to get in on Mastro's Auction that ends tonight. They have 6-7 items sitting at 1/3 of value or less and I can't pass them up. Kirby FF for $800 and Romita Spidey for $2500 is "way back machine" price levels.

Since Chris at Mastro will be flexible with me in terms and possible trade I may try and sell a couple items to fellow collectors and if that doesn't work out trade them to Mastro.

Best,

Chris Caira

Nevermind...I got shut out, blown away, outbid... sorry.gif

C

Out of curiosity, anyone know the story behind this?:

http://www.romitaman.com/NewGalleryRoom.asp

Check out the three new items listed today. All three were in the Mastro auction last night.

The DAREDEVIL #18 splash had a closing bid of $7,139. It is now listed on Romitaman.com for $18K.

The DETECTIVE #408 page had a closing bid of $1264. It is now listed on Romitaman.com for $2500.

The ASM ANNUAL #3 page had a closting bid of $4431. It is now listed on Romitaman.com for $9500.

Mighty curious that they would show up so soon on Romitaman.

Out of curiosity, anyone know the story behind this?:

http://www.romitaman.com/NewGalleryRoom.asp

Check out the three new items listed today. All three were in the Mastro auction last night.

The DAREDEVIL #18 splash had a closing bid of $7,139. It is now listed on Romitaman.com for $18K.

The DETECTIVE #408 page had a closing bid of $1264. It is now listed on Romitaman.com for $2500.

The ASM ANNUAL #3 page had a closting bid of $4431. It is now listed on Romitaman.com for $9500.

Mighty curious that they would show up so soon on Romitaman.

Maybe Burkey was the original owner and the ending prices were not high enough for a sale? Does Mastro have a reserve system??

I am pretty sure I have seen at least one of those Daredevil splashes on his site before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not that I could afford it but around how much is your Uncanny X-Men 191 cover go for???

Somewhere between $11,000 and $12,000 in that area.

Too hard to get people to part with these.

It's a keeper for me too.

Chris

Not that I could afford it but around how much is your Uncanny X-Men 191 cover go for???

Somewhere between $11,000 and $12,000 in that area.

Too hard to get people to part with these.

It's a keeper for me too.

Chris

Nice!!! hail.gif