• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys..who do you think he was on the boards?

78 posts in this topic

He onced bragged on the STL boards that he had at least 8 shill ID's here on the CGC boards.

Here are a few of them:

Gerald

Abrams

taxguy

I remember that.. but I believe he was taking credit fior recent (at teh time) guesses that he was any or all of those names. His point was once again how he is victimized by everyone for ALL the problems going on.

He onced bragged on the STL boards that he had at least 8 shill ID's here on the CGC boards.

Here are a few of them:

Gerald

Abrams

taxguy

He said some good things as taxguy.

don't tell FFB that, he still thinks that's not him. screwy.gifmakepoint.gifforeheadslap.gifboo.gif

Here are a few of them:

Gerald

Abrams

taxguy

I don't know about Gerald or taxguy, but his comment about being abrams was tongue in cheek and was made during one of his "oh yes, I'm guilty of everything that everyone accuses me of, including all of these shills" rants. He mentioned later that he was not really abrams.

Here are a few of them:

Gerald

Abrams

taxguy

don't tell FFB that, he still thinks that's not him. screwy.gifmakepoint.gifforeheadslap.gifboo.gif

Do you have any evidence that he was taxguy? (Other than the one post in STL where he facetiously "admitted" to being every shill on the CGC boards at the time.) I'm not saying he wasn't taxguy -- I just don't know either way. Abrams is a different story.

the dude is a pathological liar and a dead beat dad. 893naughty-thumb.gif

So the answer is no? You don't have any proof?

I'm just asking because I can usually spot a Hammer shill pretty well, and after looking through about a hundred taxguy posts, it doesn't read like Hammer at all.

This isn't about whether Hammer is a pathological liar or a deadbeat dad. It's a simple question of whether taxguy is Hammer. And I don't think he is.

Do you have any evidence that he was taxguy? (Other than the one post in STL where he facetiously "admitted" to being every shill on the CGC boards at the time.) I'm not saying he wasn't taxguy -- I just don't know either way. Abrams is a different story.

He once traded emails with me when I was returning a restored book that I bought from him off eBay before I joined the Boards (you can read my story on OldGuy's website) and he bragged about outing Ewert and I think those posts were Taxguy. I thought he had some good posts as Taxguy too.

the dude is a pathological liar and a dead beat dad. 893naughty-thumb.gif

you're entitled to your opinion, but he was left in the dust compared to the sub-human commode scum eWART turned out to be.

at least danny had the gonads to post here, shared his knowledge and what he knew to be the goings-on in the hobby, even when that meant being a target for full-on character assaults - especially when he was in direct opposition to what the guardians of the hobby bequeathed as "truths."

he continued to participate on these boards even after he was outed by the CBG article. and on other message boards like CPG and STL after being banned from this one.

this is not a love-in for the guy. but if the consensus is to lynch with a full-on assault on this hobbies biggest peons, lets make sure not exclude the ones that are most deserving.

He once traded emails with me when I was returning a restored book that I bought from him off eBay before I joined the Boards (you can read my story on OldGuy's website) and he bragged about outing Ewert and I think those posts were Taxguy. I thought he had some good posts as Taxguy too.

Did he actually say that he was taxguy, or did he just take credit for outing Ewert? Because he was shouting to the rooftops about Ewert long before Abrams started the FF#3 thread, although he never mentioned any trimming where Ewert was concerned. His main beef with Ewert was his claim that Ewert got gift grades from CGC.

One thing that is consistent about all of Hammer's shills is the style of writing. He has, with some shills, hidden it fairly well for a time, but in each instance, he eventually falls into a familiar pattern of talking about the same subjects and using similar phraseology. I don't see any of those patterns in taxguy's writing over the year that he's been on the boards, and I noticed taxguy writing about topics that I've never seen Hammer write about. I'm not saying it's impossible that he's taxguy -- just that the signs I see point away from taxguy being Hammer.

Did he actually say that he was taxguy, or did he just take credit for outing Ewert? Because he was shouting to the rooftops about Ewert long before Abrams started the FF#3 thread, although he never mentioned any trimming where Ewert was concerned. His main beef with Ewert was his claim that Ewert got gift grades from CGC.

One thing that is consistent about all of Hammer's shills is the style of writing. He has, with some shills, hidden it fairly well for a time, but in each instance, he eventually falls into a familiar pattern of talking about the same subjects and using similar phraseology. I don't see any of those patterns in taxguy's writing over the year that he's been on the boards, and I noticed taxguy writing about topics that I've never seen Hammer write about. I'm not saying it's impossible that he's taxguy -- just that the signs I see point away from taxguy being Hammer.

my feeling is that danny had some suspicions about eWART even back when he was posting on the CBG boards. he was particularly good at comparing scans of books when they got posted on the bay.

i think in one of the back and forth pm's on the CBG boards, he pointed out a eWART auction, but at that point, he was also characterized as a lunatic with a penchant for attacking CGC, and any attempt to call out trimmed books in holders was deemed as reaching for the CGC straw bed - a bed that left him lying rather uncomfortably after CGC's involvement in outing him.

I actually kinda miss Hammer's posts - I mean he's scum, but there is a lot of scum at the upper echelon of this hobby, at least he was entertaining scum.

popcorn.gif

The scum also rises....

hi.gif Hey Capt. you coming to SF for WonderCon 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I actually kinda miss Hammer's posts - I mean he's scum, but there is a lot of scum at the upper echelon of this hobby, at least he was entertaining scum.

popcorn.gif

The scum also rises....

Hey, J!! Yep, I'll be there, most definitely. headbang.gif

Comic-Keys

BlackShotzy

Hammer

Gerald

Abrams

taxguy

Methuselah

AtomicPaul

All known Comic-Keys CGC board ID's.

This portion of my webpage also has links to a couple of classic threads.

I'm 98% sure Mister_Fantastic took over from Mr. Nice who took over from Hammer. I don't see an official banning of Mr. Nice post but when I was new here I remember watching the threads right after Hammer was banned and this Mr. Nice guy took up his side of the fight and right after Mr. Nice was banned Mister_Fantastic went down next.

popcorn.gif

The scum also rises....

Hey, J!! Yep, I'll be there, most definitely. headbang.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif partypartypartyparty yay.gif