• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys..who do you think he was on the boards?

78 posts in this topic

Comic-Keys

BlackShotzy

Hammer

Gerald

Abrams

taxguy

Methuselah

AtomicPaul

All known Comic-Keys CGC board ID's.

This portion of my webpage also has links to a couple of classic threads.

I'm 98% sure Mister_Fantastic took over from Mr. Nice who took over from Hammer. I don't see an official banning of Mr. Nice post but when I was new here I remember watching the threads right after Hammer was banned and this Mr. Nice guy took up his side of the fight and right after Mr. Nice was banned Mister_Fantastic went down next.

Mr. Nice was definitely a Hammer shill. I don't remember seeing a Mr. Fantastic though.

I didn't think this thread would take off like this but I appreciate all of the info that everyone has collected and shared. Thanks for the link to the old threads Marc. I was burnt by him back in his Fantasia days and still hold a grudge I guess. I'm glad to see that everyone has the love for him that I do. thumbsup2.gif

I will say this though, his posts as Hammer were always entertaining to me and I equate his "discoveries" and insider information about wrong doing in the hobby this way---He is just like a person who used to commit a certain form of crime and excelled at it, wants to rehabilitate himself and try to make up for it by training others to spot people who commit the types of crimes he used to commit. Only thing about Hammer was he was still committing while trying to help others spot wrongdoing. Irony on a base level, but still irony. Kind of like a drug dealer who calls the police on his competition. tongue.gif

Scott

I actually kinda miss Hammer's posts - I mean he's scum, but there is a lot of scum at the upper echelon of this hobby, at least he was entertaining scum.

popcorn.gif

The scum also rises....

hi.gif Hey Capt. you coming to SF for WonderCon 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey, J!! Yep, I'll be there, most definitely. headbang.gif

Awesome - make sure and pack the Red ... poke2.gif

One thing that is consistent about all of Hammer's shills is the style of writing. He has, with some shills, hidden it fairly well for a time, but in each instance, he eventually falls into a familiar pattern of talking about the same subjects and using similar phraseology. I don't see any of those patterns in taxguy's writing over the year that he's been on the boards, and I noticed taxguy writing about topics that I've never seen Hammer write about. I'm not saying it's impossible that he's taxguy -- just that the signs I see point away from taxguy being Hammer.

I agree. Contrary to popular opinion, I am not convinced that Abrams or Taxguy are Hammer.

Historically, Hammer can "stay in character" for only so long before he reveals a no-doubt tell. He has a very distinctive way of thinking and it's apparent in his narrative. I haven't seen any of these tells from Abrams or Taxguy.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Comic-Keys

BlackShotzy

Hammer

Gerald

Abrams

taxguy

Methuselah

AtomicPaul

All known Comic-Keys CGC board ID's.

This portion of my webpage also has links to a couple of classic threads.

I'm 98% sure Mister_Fantastic took over from Mr. Nice who took over from Hammer. I don't see an official banning of Mr. Nice post but when I was new here I remember watching the threads right after Hammer was banned and this Mr. Nice guy took up his side of the fight and right after Mr. Nice was banned Mister_Fantastic went down next.

That list is by no means complete, I'm sure, but it is accurate.