• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dear "Golden Age" Forumites…"Wish you were still here – Hope all is well!"

80 posts in this topic

Lest we forget the following (one of whom can't make a reappearance 'cause he's been given the boot, although at one point he was a key board member who initiated Crisis On Infinite Message Boards....)

Murph, MajorKhaos/Illiterati, BOC....

blush.gif Big time Oversights -----> me boo.gifflamed.gifboo.gifflamed.gif

Good catch

What the heck happened to BOC?

Murph still PM's once in awhile and helped with the Ewert contact project.

I thought I saw MajorKhaos as (Illiterati) post in the last few days?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Lest we forget the following (one of whom can't make a reappearance 'cause he's been given the boot, although at one point he was a key board member who initiated Crisis On Infinite Message Boards....)

Murph, MajorKhaos/Illiterati, BOC....

Thats what they seem to be saying.

I must have missed the BOC banning entirely. Must have been for going over the top in the babe test.

I know MK was… but I thought I saw a post of his recently… unless I was following a link to an old thread.

headbang.gif Back at ya' Chris… Happy TG

Anyone with any Thanksgiving Wisdom?

I learned today that I can cut the cheese with the best of them, but cutting meat?… not so much. The only clean cut I made was to my index finger. The pork roast looked like it was microwaved and blew up. With the grain, against the grain, pulling pieces off… same result. Tasted great, but its QP was, eh… like a angled 1/2" Miswrap.

hi.gif

To be honest with you while I am sad to see many of the people who actually have something to say leave because of what they perceive to be flaming, trolling, witchhunting, or spamming.. or whatever the reason they left is. The simple fact is some people are just not cut out for the confrontation this place requires you to deal with on a daily basis.

We all have had our monments of frustration on this board, but I will say again what I have always said. There is more good here then bad, seek out the good and filter out the bad. It is not hard to do.

It's just not worth getting too excited, or too upset over.

Once people figure that out, this place has quite a bit to offer a collector of comics.

As far as those who have left because they were banned, I think for the most part they wanted to be banned. And continued to act in such a manner to get the boot. The rules here are simple, be civil and treat others how you wish to be treated.

Just like in real life there are those who choose to constantly test that philosophy.

Ze-

Happy TG.

I agree Kenny, but perhaps that says more about the environment at times than the quality of those that are no longer here for whatever reason. I have had my share of unpleasant moments too and I learned that I was a bit too "thin skinned" to survive happily in today's message board environment. That said, I've taken little breaks here and there when the mood of the place was just not enjoyable. Years ago when I had a few run-ins with JC (ridiculous in hindsight), Rob Z and Matt Stanley it bothered me a great deal and I was not able to avoid "taking the boards home with me". Now, I'm much better, but I could just as easily be among the missing.

My biggest lesson learned was that not everyone will speak with you the same way they would if they were in front of you… which is basically how I expected things to work. And… many "perceived slights" are not meant to be as acidic as they may seem. Type is no match for a voice in getting your point across with the intended tone and/or intensity, etc. As an example, my recent disagreement with a respected dealer did not affect me the way it would have 2-3 years ago. In fact, I probably would have chose to avoid the confrontation as not to lose a contact.

As for the departed, I just enjoyed their presence and participation and would prefer if they were still around.

'nuff said

To be honest with you while I am sad to see many of the people who actually have something to say leave because of what they perceive to be flaming, trolling, witchhunting, or spamming.. or whatever the reason they left is. Some people are just not cut out for the confrontation this place requires you to deal with on a daily basis.

Hey Bruce and all:

Thanks for posting this. Although I don't post often, I've interacted with all the folks you mentioned at one time or another. I'm an "old" school Forumite myself, although I'm the first to admit I haven't made the contributions of a legion of others, including Bruce, Joseph, and the compiled list of great people.

As far as Thanksgiving wisdom, I can only offer my daily prayer held dear to my heart as I come from a family of alcoholics and (thankfully!) recovering alcoholics like my dad (regardless of one's religious affiliation, words worth considering):

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

Peace to all, including Forumites here and gone!

Dan