• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pirate and Little Pirate's Con report

23 posts in this topic

Well just some pics to start, i'll write up some stuff tomorrow. Ok writing a little now..

Little Pirate with Feedback (besides forum dinner, the highlight of my con, the guy is absolutely cool)

We got one of his autograph pictures ($10 and all to charity), He wrote an inscription about never giving up but my son was talking to him so much about the show that he stopped, gave him another picture signed to his greatest fan, then gave auto cards to me, little pirate and captain ahab at home(wife). Little pirate thanked him for winning, Feedback said why? Little Pirate said he would have owed Captain Ahab $5 if FAt Momma had won. Little Pirate told him Major Victory was his favorite until he got voted out. Feed said he hears that alot.

There was a little girl who loved Cell Phone Girl (another contestant). Feedback called her and let the little girl talk to her. Now that's cool!

nickfeedback2.jpg

nickfeedback.jpg

Here are the G.I. Joe America's Elite pages I got from Josh Medors. I am really enjoying this series.

2 page splash featuring 1st appearance of Phoenix Guard

gijoesplash.jpg

Nice Page with Scarlett leading the charge (sorry it's light)

gijoe2.jpg

Nice Page (spoiler not out yet) with Cobra Commander

gijoe1.jpg

Chris Sprouse Midnighter (enough said)

This is from #2 (out soon)

midnighterpage.jpg

Prelim from page above

midnighter2page.jpg

Small Cover Prelim to Midnighter #5

midnighter5prelim.jpg

He drew a midnighter headsketch in Little Pirates book after he was asked. Chris was like you read this book? (LP is 8). I said no way he just saw the page i bought yesterday. Chris was afraid he was contributing to delinquency of minors smile.gif Super nice guy.

Some Misc STuff

Powers Page (haven't read the icon stuff yet, but apparently Retro and Z are back ) 893whatthe.gif

powerspage.jpg

Pencil Sketch by Ayers

sueayers.jpg

Arthur Suydam (was sketching for Hero Initiative. Whoever guessing the zombie gets a NO-Prize)

suydam.jpg

Retro Girl by Oeming (woohoo)

retrogirl.jpg

Arthur Suydam Con exclusive poster

suydamposter.jpg

Out -LP is sleeping and i'm not far behind

Me and LP got to Columbus a little before 9am. VIP got in an hour early so we were ready to go. Went over to AH! booth to get on the list. (now 0-6 on sketches), we started wandering around as the Mid-Ohio program had no map or guest listings to see who was here.

Place was enormous with huge aisles and very little traffic to start. During my initial wanderings, I found Paul (silverandbronze) and reintroduced myself. Decided to get a head start on signatures so went to see Al Feldstein first. (won't go into that any farther) Got the books signed and then went to see if the big three were there yet (Friedrich, Trimpe and Ayers).

Met Mr. Friedrich and Mr. Ayers (both very humble and nice men) and got some signatures and bought a really cool sue storm sketch hail.gif

LP decided he wanted to go see the guy who draws the mutated superheroes (RAK) for all of you who see him at every show. A very nice and talented guy who has done 6 or 7 sketches already in nick's book. He sent my son to see two of his friends who also put nice sketches in his book. That kid has a sketch book that rivals the best and he has never had to pay a cent!

We went around, got the lay of the land and found Chris Sprouse. Another super nice guy who signed, sketched and was very pleasant. Bought the cool Midnighter pages pictured above. Next it was Gene Ha! who was nice enough to sign and sketch a book for me.

By this time I met up with Buck Biggins and walked around with him for a little while chatting and getting some sigs (Herb Trimpe had arrived !!!!) Met thedude, chatted for a bit, then me and LP decided to branch off to find Feedback. His line was huge so we decided to try tomorrow. Paratrooper dropped in at this point, chatted for a bit then went to get some lunch (columbus rolls up the sidewalks on the weekend), so ate in the food court. After lunch it was back to getting sigs and walking around the two artist alleys.

By about 3pm I was pretty much done with all the sigs I needed and had promised LP that we would look for Halo toys and try feedback again. Then the announcement came for a panel with ready.....

Tony Isabella, Gary Friedrich, Mark Evanier, Herb Trimpe and Ayers... Sorry LP, we are going to that. LP fell asleep in his chair so half the time I was laughing as his head we bounce one way or the other and would wake him up. Very informative discussion of the bullpen days when the guys had no ego's, had lots of fun and put out great stuff. There was alot of stan talk smile.gif. Did anyone know that Herb Trimpe volunteered his time at ground zero working in a makeshift hospital/morgue. Guy got really choked up talking about it. After the talk, I was able to meet Tony Isabella as he was helping with the convention and never at any table.

LP and I did some more walking around looking at toy vendors (have yet to look at a comic smile.gif) Everyone met up at 6pm at Paul's booth and we decided to go find a place to eat. Upon exiting Feedback was outside the doors talking to fans. Ran over with LP to at least get a picture. Nick promised to go see him tomorrow.

Had dinner (buck and others went over this)

Sunday to come later.....

what do you get when you team up Adam Hughes and Gene Ha?

AH! HA!

gijoe2.jpg

gijoe1.jpg

I really like these pages. You should have shown them to me. Then again I had a short day and not enought time to fit everything in. sorry.gif

gijoe2.jpg

gijoe1.jpg

I really like these pages. You should have shown them to me. Then again I had a short day and not enought time to fit everything in. sorry.gif

Got them late Sunday so you was already gone smile.gif

Arthur Suydam (was sketching for Hero Initiative. Whoever guessing the zombie gets a NO-Prize)

Invisible Women is my guess 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Also seems like little pirate and you had a good time.

Glad to hear it

---feedback seems like a standup guy---

Invisible Women is my guess 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Also seems like little pirate and you had a good time.

Glad to hear it

---feedback seems like a standup guy---

Nope not invisible woman, but you got the woman part right poke2.gif

I know, I know....of course I was there when you asked him to draw it, so I'll keep my answer to myself as that would be cheating.

Want me to scan and post the sketch he did for me?

sure

Wasp??

taller and a heck of alot more powerful. Think a winter color that's not white or black

Wasp??

taller and a heck of alot more powerful. Think a winter color that's not white or black

Ms Marvel?

Rogue?

I am seriously at a loss frown.gif