• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Marvel Zombies news...

10 posts in this topic

This is from a Mid-Ohio Con update on Newsarama.com: 893applaud-thumb.gif

Arthur Suydam said he's gotten a lot of comics work since the success of the Marvel Zombies miniseries for which he did a series of acclaimed covers. Not only does he have three more Marvel Zombies projects coming up, but several other covers as well.

"The first Marvel Zombies issue is a one-shot prequel that I believe is coming out in May. That's with the same guys working on it -- me, Sean [Phillips] and Robert [Kirkman]," he said of the 48-page special issue. "I think the cover is a top secret. I'm probably not supposed to let that out. But I can tell you it's going to be four covers into one cover. A combination."

The artist is also doing covers for the Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness five-issue series co-published by Dynamite and Marvel, as well as the sequel, Marvel Zombies 2 later next year.

Has he worked on any of the covers featuring Ash from AoD? "I've done three paintings of him already, so I've finished three of the covers already," he said. "And I'm never sure how many covers I'll be doing because we always plan on a certain number, but then when the sales kick in, then all of the variants happen. For the original Marvel Zombies series, we were only supposed to do five, but we did about thirteen covers because we kept selling out and selling out."

Suydam said he's already chosen the classic covers that he would like to re-interpret in his signature Marvel Zombies style. The Zombies vs. AoD covers will also feature zombie-fied paintings of classic covers. "We're taking classic Marvel covers and we're turning them into Army of Darkness interpretations," he said.

The artist is excited about working on the issues because one of his favorite movies of all time is Evil Dead II. "I think it might be the only movie I've ever bought," he laughed. "Little did I know I'd be drawing that."

Other covers the artist is doing include one for the Red Sonja series, a Vampirella cover, and Atomika. "The Vampirella cover is one of my favorite covers I've ever done, and they just called me up and requested that I do another one," he said. The artist also did the cover for Mickey Spillane's last novel, which the writer finished before his death in July.

"We're taking classic Marvel covers and we're turning them into Army of Darkness interpretations,"

893whatthe.gif AWESOME!!!!

The artist is excited about working on the issues because one of his favorite movies of all time is Evil Dead II

893applaud-thumb.gif I just keep getting more and more respect for Mr. Suydam thumbsup2.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

EvilAsh isn't the only one sumo.gif

I would love to get all his covers, even if they aren't part of my to buy list. cloud9.gif

sumo.gif There's always room for more headbang.gif

That's good to know, wink.gif Include me too! hi.gif

flowerred.gif You're on the list!