• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Fun?

13 posts in this topic

Obtained some more nice Bronze comics over the last few days. I know you all are a tough crowd. What do you think this would get? White pages by the way....

dare81front.jpg

dare81back.jpg

Thanks,

Jim

I think at least an 8.0. It's a bit dirty on the back cover, but shouldn't effect the grade a whole lot. Staples look like they are starting to poke a bit on both covers. If not, it could have easily hit an 8.5. Pretty decent spine and corners, and that's usually the first things that go.

Yup, Wonder Bread candidate.....definitely. grin.gif

Yeah it's a bit dirty on the back cover. Maybe I'll use the wonder bread (I actually have some here) as a test and see what happens.

By the way, the staples do not penetrate the covers. Just soem dirt smugdes. It looks much better in person than the scan indicates.....but we all say that don't we? grin.gif

Jim

8.0 or so. CGC is tough on those Giants. If it's a primo copy you can get a 9.2 to 9.4. with a few flaws like the ons on the DD, they will rip it down.

Save your money, slab something else.

Take a look at the book I have on ebay right now, they gave it a 9.0.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33812&item=2183163053

shocked.gif