• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do AH-Nuld and California have in Common?

8 posts in this topic

They're both losing money!

44 mil for a three day.

Forget this five day weekend [!@#%^&^](72.5 mil total)

Arnold was right,he IS in the middle of his career.

The middle of the END!

Starkist doesn't want hams with good taste.

Starkist want hams that taste GOOD!!

Sorry AH-Nuld!! 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gif

Oh I believe the movie makers are quite pleased with the take considering all the negative press the movie had prior to release. Overseas revenue (where Arnold is still a huge star) will quickly have them swimming in money.

Jim

That movie cost a stunning $240 million to make. Wonder if that's a new record? I seem to recall the first one cost more than any other film when it came out. $72 million would be a GREAT weekend if it didn't seem so small when compared to the production cost.

According to 'Boxofficemojo,' T3 cost $200M to make and $40M to market - so your $240M guestimate is right on!

Why thank you...I got it from boxofficemojo so it's their guestimate, not mine. smirk.gif

I doubt the studio is going to lose money on this movie... there was a recent article in Newsweek referencing that films these days have one job... just to be a launching pad for other avenues like the DVD, license rights, selling it to one of the cable networks, etc, etc. and although T3 opened somewhat modestly for a summer film with a lot of competition, it's no big deal. The studio will recoup in foreign sales (on a movie like T3) and then on and on and on. Box office take is just a start.