• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic art that you never see that often

26 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure Frank Miller still has his Sin City pages as does Jeff Smith and his Bone stuff (both art I would love to have a piece from).

Yeah, there's actually one interior page from Sin City and one splash from 300 on CAF (or there used to be - I haven't checked lately). I hate to think what either would bring at auction. AFAIK, Miller has all the rest.

iam pretty sure frank not hurting for cash anytime too soon, i think he done pretty well for him self . in the comic and movie biz, that may explain the lack of sin city . dark kniight two artwork on the open market. luckly he,s got stuff already on the open market it.s older and pricey. but that just the way it is.

larry ;]

larry

I'm pretty sure Frank Miller still has his Sin City pages as does Jeff Smith and his Bone stuff (both art I would love to have a piece from).

Add to that Sam Kieth hanging onto his Maxx stuff. How cool would it be to see some pages from that book surface. cloud9.gif

Most Walt Simonson art (including much of his THOR run), but most especially art from the revered MANHUNTER arc that he did with Archie Goodwin. I don't believe a single page from that run has made it out of his possession. Maybe someday...

Yeah, there's actually one interior page from Sin City and one splash from 300 on CAF (or there used to be - I haven't checked lately). I hate to think what either would bring at auction. AFAIK, Miller has all the rest.

There are at least two 300 pages that made it out to the public. Both were given away as retailer incentives. As I recall, retailers who ordered a certain number of the first issue were entered into a drawing for the OA. One is (or was) on CAF; I don't know where the other one is.