• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal Gurus please help

31 posts in this topic

Like Bruce said; if you're having trouble contacting him, or if he dosen't respond to you, let some us know and we'll all apply pressure to him. I have no problem creating shill accounts and threatening to sabotage all his auctions. mad.gif

I guess the moral is, private transactions are a no-no unless you know who you're dealing with.

Let's just say that *hypothetically* and I wanted to create a "blow_me_scammer_boy" type of account. I go and create a hotmail email. Easy enough. But then *hypothetically* eBay would want a credit card # or a more valid email on the registration page (or so I've heard)....

what would one then do? giving out a credit card # is not ideal as "blow_me_scammer_boy" would likely appreciate remaining anonymous.

Dan

You could try giving a fake credit card number. I don't think ebay checks them until they have to bill you for something. Bottom line here is - DON'T do off-ebay transactions. The odds are very good you'll get hosed with no recourse.

You could try giving a fake credit card number. I don't think ebay checks them until they have to bill you for something. Bottom line here is - DON'T do off-ebay transactions. The odds are very good you'll get hosed with no recourse.

That's extreme... that's 90% of what I do and I've only been hosed (lost money) on an Ebay transaction. The better idea is to cover your arse or don't do it. Had bronty used a CC...he'd have options. Had he made a bank transfer, I think he also would have had options. I learned of some options recently (see my thread) that may also allow for recovery of certain bank transfers.

Sorry you got busted (so far) Bronty...but keep on him and we'll see what we can do.

Make a link to his ID so if he changes it down the line (while keeping it inactive) when you're not looking...you can find him/track him/haunt him! I discovered this by accident. I was tracking some suspicious accounts that I suspected were additional accounts for a person who was using it inappropriately and maybe against me too. He kept the account dormant for months, changed the name at some point and emerged after the sunglasses disappeared. He thought he was anonymous again... nope! When I clicked the link... I found the changed ID...and caught him in a few "untruths" later on.

Keep us updated. This forum has turned into a pretty tight community. I think its about time we formed a vigilante protection group to support honest folk that "clearly" get screwed by dirtbags that scam with no conscience and stay out there too... mocking their victims. If we all get on the Arse-cavity in question... maybe we can turn a few bad experiences around?

mad.gif

What I enjoy about this is the conflicting guidelines from PayPal and E-Bay. With E-Bay, you can't file a fraud complaint due to non-payment until at least 30 days have passed, whereas with PayPal, after 30 days, you're screwed. mad.gif

AAHHHH , so nice to see Paypal & E-Bay have our best interest at heart.

( You don't think they're sleeping together, do yah ?? )

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Bruce, you're a prince. I mean that. I will definitely keep you guys updated. Thanks for the support and suggestions.