• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT but still very much on...marvel:ULTIMATE ALLIANCE

29 posts in this topic

sorry if this thread has been done before, but is anyone playing this?

i'm having a lot of fun with it on my wii. i love the fact that each character has 4 different outfits and if you're a marvel nerd you NEED to get this game (even if x-men legends2 blew hamsters. right now my dream team is iceman , johnny storm , wolverine and iron man. anyone unlocked the surfer yet??

I think there might have been a thread on this, but yes, this is a video game I am actually taking the time to play. It's truly awesome, and I am loving it!

Characters are awesome and the game interface is so easy, even for a newb.

I used the code to unlock all the characters ( I don't like having to wati until near the end to be able to use a playable character). Currently I am stuck after freeing many of the Gods, but can't seem to figure out where to go next...sigh

laugh.gif I am loving this game! I beat it once, didn't accomplish all of the required tasks, and got a less than perfect destiny from Uatu. I played again with the saved stats, completed all of the extra missions, and still got the crummy destiny! I had to erase all of my saved games and am now just starting over. Absolutely love the different character/costume combos available. I lose hours playing this game! thumbsup2.gif Don't play too much however or you may wind up looking liking this..... 893whatthe.gif

1514429-Gil_Gerard.jpg

Good times!

yay.gifChris

I also have the game and think it's great. I unlocked to characters too because I was impatient. I just beat Mephisto and am about to start the next mission. The only thing I didn't like about the game so far is the entire adventure with Arcade. I found that the camera angles were horrible when you are fighting him. Just my opinion.

I also have the game and think it's great. I unlocked to characters too because I was impatient. I just beat Mephisto and am about to start the next mission. The only thing I didn't like about the game so far is the entire adventure with Arcade. I found that the camera angles were horrible when you are fighting him. Just my opinion.

I got stopped when trying to beat Mephisto with Jean Grey. I then bought more games, which I have been playing instead.

I really like this game. I think it expands a lot on the foundation laid by X-men Legends I and II by bringing in lots of new characters and interesting new locations. Only problem is that it also shares similar glitches (some awkward camera angles, uncontrolable camera shaking for 2-3 seconds in certain boss fights and the inability to transfer xp points and gear between teammates.

Overall, its definitely the most entertaining comic related game out there right now, light years ahead of DC's Justice League Heroes.

I've been playing it on my laptop for the last week and am loving it. I've teamed up Thor and Wolvie for the close up brawls and Human Torch and Iron Man for when I need to fight from range.

Just torn Mandarin's palace apart and made very short work out of Ultimo and Grey Gargoyle. yay.gif

Do 360's work ok on LCD Hdefs? I'm from the old school where every video game burned images and don't want to buy an LCD if there is going to be burn in.

Do 360's work ok on LCD Hdefs? I'm from the old school where every video game burned images and don't want to buy an LCD if there is going to be burn in.

No worries, the XBOX 360 was made for HD gaming.

P.S. The Ice Age is over too. thumbsup2.gif

i'm having a lot of fun with it on my wii. i love the fact that each character has 4 different outfits and if you're a marvel nerd you NEED to get this game (even if x-men legends2 blew hamsters. right now my dream team is iceman , johnny storm , wolverine and iron man. anyone unlocked the surfer yet??

Are you serious? Legends 2 destroys this sorry excuse of a "game". They took the worst of legends, threw in a ton of characters and called it a game. I was bored out of my mind the entire way through this turd. Legends 2 at least entertained me, who didn't have fun with Juggernaut smashing doors instead of having to open them? Gotta love characters like Thor in the opening preview smashing huge ships but somehow can't seem do anything remotely close in the game. 893blahblah.gif

The game still has the same problems as legends with the garbage camera system, and the combat system took a big step back. The game doesn't even need you to upgrade your characters which is a big no no considering the roster. The flying abilities and Spider-Man's webbing was borderline useless too, i'd be generous and say a 6/10 at best. poke2.gif

Are you serious? Legends 2 destroys this sorry excuse of a "game". They took the worst of legends, threw in a ton of characters and called it a game. I was bored out of my mind the entire way through this turd. Legends 2 at least entertained me, who didn't have fun with Juggernaut smashing doors instead of having to open them? Gotta love characters like Thor in the opening preview smashing huge ships but somehow can't seem do anything remotely close in the game. 893blahblah.gif

The game still has the same problems as legends with the garbage camera system, and the combat system took a big step back. The game doesn't even need you to upgrade your characters which is a big no no considering the roster. The flying abilities and Spider-Man's webbing was borderline useless too, i'd be generous and say a 6/10 at best. poke2.gif

You have to admit though that the enemies in Legends II were more annoying than challenging... you spend 70% of the game killing giant bugs.

While the puzzles in Marvel Alliance are insanely easy, at least you have to think a little bit to advance, instead of the usual nonstop button-mashing fights. JMO.

This game is great. I got it a few weeks ago and whenever time fits in I play it with my roomates. The dream team is by far Thor (me), Spider-man (roomies favorite besides SS), Woverine (nuf said) and the last one switches depending on what the four roomie feels it most appealing smile.gif. We have unlocked everything except Silver Surfer. Initially we read we just had to be Galactus, but yea that didn't do it foreheadslap.gif. Then we read we had to beat all of the comics which takes forever confused-smiley-013.gif. We have about ten left to go and then Silver is ours yay.gif. We have all found the game to be great. The camera doesn't bother us, the animations are great, there is lots of cool stuff to unlock for the chars. As soon as we get Silver Surfer we are gonna own Hard. Thor, Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Daredevil. yay.gif

You have to admit though that the enemies in Legends II were more annoying than challenging... you spend 70% of the game killing giant bugs.

While the puzzles in Marvel Alliance are insanely easy, at least you have to think a little bit to advance, instead of the usual nonstop button-mashing fights. JMO.

I really didn't notice to be honest, I was too happy smashing doors wide open with Juggernaut and flying with Magneto 40 billion times. But yeah, there was alot of annoying points in the game, alot of which was simply repeated with MA. Don't get me wrong, the roster is amazing, I just wish they fine tuned it up a little bit, made getting powers exciting and actually requiring you to use the roster to it's full advantage rather then smash smash smash again. I tolerated it with legends 2 because it was fresh (I didn't play part 1) and in my mind, MA just feels like a rehash with all the same glaring problems but with a better cast. Legends had it's share of "puzzles" too but neither game really delved much into it, which suited me just fine, since when does Nightcrawler need to find a key to get past a door?

They could do so much better with the roster, i'm hoping if/when they make a second, they'll give the battle system a complete overhaul, fix the dam frickin camera, make the missions....good and worthwhile to do and allow the roster to fully use the powers we see in the comics, we are the core audience aren't we? I'm not saying have Thor destroy a ship with a blink of the eye, but a bit more expansive would be nice.

I know it's a game and all, but it's a bit insulting to the characters themselves when they impose limits like they did in both games, especially MA. I like having Surfer, Thing, Spider-Man and many more but why not utilize them fully? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif