• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #122

75 posts in this topic

GIVE ME MY 9.8 DAMMIT!!!!!!!! makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

No, no 9.8s for you. I am bitter because you appear to be right about Rex Grossman. mad.gif

It's not so much that "I'm right" as it is that "Rex sucks." I have nothing but the good of that team as my motivation.

And you see what I'm saying now. I was working the local kids' charity Christmas tree lot yesterday so I missed the game, but I've seen that game so many times this year already that I feel like I watched the whole thing right there with you.

GIVE ME MY 9.8 DAMMIT!!!!!!!! makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

No, no 9.8s for you. I am bitter because you appear to be right about Rex Grossman. mad.gif

It's not so much that "I'm right" as it is that "Rex sucks." I have nothing but the good of that team as my motivation.

And you see what I'm saying now. I was working the local kids' charity Christmas tree lot yesterday so I missed the game, but I've seen that game so many times this year already that I feel like I watched the whole thing right there with you.

I always knew he was in a rough patch, I'm not delusional, I just thought that the bad games were the fluke. Now I am not so sure. crazy.gif

Grading a book from a scan is a crapshoot. Real hard for me anyways to give a grade higher then a NM without physically holding the book. Not saying your book would'nt grade higher, just saying I would not grade it higher on a scan alone.

So says the guy who used to put 9.6s and 9.8s into the grading contests on a regular basis. poke2.gifpoke2.gif

P.S. In case no one has said it lately, thanks again for all those grading contests you used to run. Those were some of the best times I've ever had on the boards -- especially the team competition. cloud9.gif

P.S. In case no one has said it lately, thanks again for all those grading contests you used to run. Those were some of the best times I've ever had on the boards -- especially the team competition. cloud9.gif

I miss those. frown.gif

9.4, maybe a 9.6. Tough to tell just from a scan.

Nice book!

ditto. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

If you want to grab lunch some time soon, I'll bring the book along and you can check it out. Then you can tell me if you still think 9.4 is a possibility. yay.gif

If you want to grab lunch some time soon, I'll bring the book along and you can check it out. Then you can tell me if you still think 9.4 is a possibility. yay.gif

peanut butter sandwich left hand.... asm 122 right hand.... must.... not.... get..... confused.....

I miss those. frown.gif

i would miss them too if i had ever had the chance to do one.

*sigh*

Nice book!

I can smear chile Colorado all over it? confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm still not back to Mexican food yet after my trip south, perhaps next week? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought you were looking for a 9.8? I can do that . . . wink.gif

I miss those. frown.gif

i would miss them too if i had ever had the chance to do one.

*sigh*

Not to worry Sal . . . you'd come in last anyway (snark-snark) poke2.gif

Nice book!

I can smear chile Colorado all over it? confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm still not back to Mexican food yet after my trip south, perhaps next week? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought you were looking for a 9.8? I can do that . . . wink.gif

If my case (set for trial 12/13) settles, yes. Otherwise, it'll have to wait until I'm done.

I don't know if it would quite make 9.8, but it's a beautiful 9.6. hi.gif

Yeah, it has similar wear to the Solar: Man of the Atom #1 CGC 9.8 that I have, but I think that one is kind of a soft 9.8, so it's iffy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I don't think there's any way it gets a 9.4 though. I've compared it to every CGC 9.4 that I own (roughly 10 of them) and it's better than all of them by far.

Actually, I compared mine to the CGC 9.8 copy that sold on Heritage in February 2005, and I think mine is pretty comparable (and mine doesn't have SCS or a horrendous top-edge miscut, unlike the CGC 9.8 on Heritage!).

Of course, mine also doesn't have White pages. More like off-white. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif