• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #300 POS ... why is it selling??!?!

23 posts in this topic

Zero feedback bidder that registered 8 days after the seller. Probably a shill.

Yeah I didn't think about that. Not that I would bid on this or anything. I do need a copy, but I'd like one that isn't brown.

49.99 was opening bid wasn't it?

I have been watching a slot of 300 auctions lately....none have sold less then $50.00 in any kind of condition

--I am not saying there have been none.....just none that I have seen/watched

I didn't know reader copies existed, I thought they were all 9.0 and higher.

All my friends had beater copies of this book when we were kids - the under 14 crowd still read comics back in the 80s 27_laughing.gif

I guess all the dealers held on to stacks of uncirculated ASM 300s, but there were definitely a lot of abused copies as well.

All my friends had beater copies of this book when we were kids - the under 14 crowd still read comics back in the 80s 27_laughing.gif

I guess all the dealers held on to stacks of uncirculated ASM 300s, but there were definitely a lot of abused copies as well.

I still have yet to see a copy in person. confused-smiley-013.gif

I remember when they first came out. This guy at my lcs was buying 50 copies of ASM starting with 298 and I think he stopped doing it around 303 or something. I thought he was crazy at the time.

Not long after, I believe 298's were actually more valuable than 300's. All I remember is badly wanting a 298 when I was in Middle School.

I remember when they first came out. This guy at my lcs was buying 50 copies of ASM starting with 298 and I think he stopped doing it around 303 or something. I thought he was crazy at the time.

Not long after, I believe 298's were actually more valuable than 300's. All I remember is badly wanting a 298 when I was in Middle School.

Yep, 298 became more valued that #300 due to the first glimpse of Venom. I had one about a year or two ago and sold it. Now I wish I had kept it.. I have #299 and #300. thumbsup2.gif

Maybe someone actually read the damn things after all. 893whatthe.gif

Ive seen as low as 6.5, but I don't even know why'd anyone would feel the need to spend money getting that POS graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ive seen as low as 6.5, but I don't even know why'd anyone would feel the need to spend money getting that POS graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not everyone knows how to grade. Thats the reason for the most part.

Not everyone knows how to grade. Thats the reason for the most part.

Ain't that the truth!

I just got a Captain America #112 that the seller graded a VF. I'd say it's no better than VG/FN. foreheadslap.gif

Yep, 298 became more valued that #300 due to the first glimpse of Venom. I had one about a year or two ago and sold it. Now I wish I had kept it.. I have #299 and #300. thumbsup2.gif

I love my set... acclaim.gif

spm298.jpg

spm299.jpg

spm300.jpg