• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - First Appearances in Showcase Comics

36 posts in this topic

Showcase #82 (5/69), 1st app. Nightmaster by Grandenetti & Giordano, Kubert - c, slight creases all along spine, edgewear along top cover, small creases lower right corner, slight blunting lower left corner, some discoloration spots on back cover (nothing significant), F+, $22

1519577-Showcase82.jpg

Showcase #79 (12/68), 1st app. Dolphin, reprint of Aqualad origin, beautiful cover (didn't someone on the boards choose this as their favorite cover in a thread, and wasn't it used for a more modern book?), sweet headlights cover, deep colors, barely noticeable (but it is brought out far more in the scan than in actuality) non-color breaking 3" crease from right side to middle in the bubble region, slight corner wear, VF/NM but because of the crease, F/VF, $25

1519534-Showcase79.jpg

Did "Dolphin" every resurface in another story?

I'll take it.

Showcase #79 (12/68), 1st app. Dolphin, reprint of Aqualad origin, beautiful cover (didn't someone on the boards choose this as their favorite cover in a thread, and wasn't it used for a more modern book?), sweet headlights cover, deep colors, barely noticeable (but it is brought out far more in the scan than in actuality) non-color breaking 3" crease from right side to middle in the bubble region, slight corner wear, VF/NM but because of the crease, F/VF, $25

1519534-Showcase79.jpg

I'll take it.

SOLD!

Touch base with me via PM to coordinate payment and shipping.

three

What are we counting? confused-smiley-013.gif

He is counting the number of sales posts that this gentleman is using. This is against one of the new guidelines as you are to limit the amount of front page real estate you use up since this pushes everyone else's stuff off the front page.

1519534-Showcase79.jpg

I'll take it.

WOW.

sweet pickup. wish i had been around to see that one

three

He is counting the number of sales posts that this gentleman is using. This is against one of the new guidelines as you are to limit the amount of front page real estate you use up since this pushes everyone else's stuff off the front page.

I see 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

three

Divad, or should I say "Mr. Thread Policeman" is on an anti-dealer, and especially anti-Esquire, vendetta. The "guideline" states as follows:

No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

I rarely post items for sale in this section. I am certainly not trying to take up "front page real estate" or creating "multiple threads for no reason". The threads have specific topics and are usually spaced out over time. Nor do I bump them for no reason other than what is permitted by the guidelines. I allow them to completely fade away into oblivion as their time passes.

If anyone believes my threads or any person's thread violate the "guidelines", they should be reported to Arch (and if the person wants to be professional about it they should also privately contact the creator). If Arch agrees he will either delete the thread/post or warn the creator. Instead, we have immature miscreants on these boards who continually harass and annoy people who are only trying to offer some great books exclusively to forumites. It is people like this who will drive away many would-be posters in this thread and the community will suffer.

But this is what Divad wants due to his anti-dealer stance. The question is whether he can grow-up and leave other people's threads alone or whether he himself will receive a strike. No doubt he will once again derail this thread by posting more unhelpful and irrelevant comments that have nothing to do with the books I am trying to offer.

BTW, thanks for calling me a "gentlemen"! The comments above were not directed at you. I merely used your post as the impetus to respond. hi.gif

It's not all about YOU, Mark. The sooner you learn that in life, the better off you'll be.

First of all I don't know what you are talking about. I know perfectly well it is not about me. You don't even know me. As far as I know, you've never met me nor have we ever spoken outside of these boards.

This is about YOU and your continuing negative rampage against dealers, or anyone you perceive to be a dealer, and your aggressive attitude on these boards to serve as some sort of policeman in trying to enforce what is nothing more than flexible guidelines. And in doing so you make many people's lives miserable and these boards are no longer a fun place to be, which is a darn shame given we are talking about comic books.

It's not all about YOU, Mark. The sooner you learn that in life, the better off you'll be.

First of all I don't know what you are talking about. I know perfectly well it is not about me. You don't even know me. As far as I know, you've never met me nor have we ever spoken outside of these boards.

This is about YOU and your continuing negative rampage against dealers, or anyone you perceive to be a dealer, and your aggressive attitude on these boards to serve as some sort of policeman in trying to enforce what is nothing more than flexible guidelines. And in doing so you make many people's lives miserable and these boards are no longer a fun place to be, which is a darn shame given we are talking about comic books.

You are the one that's no fun Mark. smile.gif I've done nothing of the kind. yeahok.gif

Nice books Mark. He's obviously trolling you. I suggest that if he does it again, that you report him to Arch. If he perceives someone has violated the rules, then he should do the same.