• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Amazing Spider-Man 103

23 posts in this topic

Is there just a crunch bottom spine? Or is their a stain as well (from the back?)?

Thanks.

Dan

Yep, it's a crunch; no stain.

I would guess VF+ 8.5. Little bit of spine stress, light wear to lower right FC, the spine crunch.

Seems to be a pretty solid book.

Dan

8.0 to me.

This is a book that could "realize it's full potential"

Press it

clean it

= 9.0?

Artboy99

The difference in value between 8.0 and 9.0 on this book is not worth the cost to clean and press.

The difference in value between 8.0 and 9.0 on this book is not worth the cost to clean and press.

clean and press 893naughty-thumb.gif

Never said I would do it.

I detest the practice of "realizing a book's full potential"

To me that is just a fancy phrase for restored.

Artboy99

Artboy99

Yes, and restored is a dirty word and restoration is an evil practice. All restoration artists should burn in hell. yeahok.gif

never had a problem with pressed book myself... allowing a book to have the original condition of not being improperly stored isn't restoration to me. I love the look of an older book that sharp and flat as if I've been transported back 30 or 40 years to when it was in the spin rack or shelf is appealing to me.

Artboy99

Yes, and restored is a dirty word and restoration is an evil practice. All restoration artists should burn in hell. yeahok.gif

sumo.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

stooges.gif

I'm going to have to go 7.0, maybe 7.5 on this one due to the fingerprint marks on the front and back cover. And I'm not trying to be harsh for the sake of being harsh. I think CGC would really nail you on those. It's still a very nice copy. A little wonder bread wouldn't hurt that FC spine, though. wink.gif