• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trouble #1

80 posts in this topic

Did anyone read it? Did you find the last line on the verge of sacrilege, or did you find it an amusing joke?

I just read issue #2. Truly one of the worst comics I have ever read in my life. And yet, it's like watching a train wreck in progress - I can't help but look (or read, in this case). Seems that a lot of people are only too happy to avoid this title though - my local shop has a ton of unsold #1s left.

Face it Tiger - you've always wanted to see Aunt May naked! tongue.gif

Gene

How can this be one of the worst books ever??!?!?!? Terry Dodson drawing hot sluts, people! TERRY DODSON + HOT SLUTS = Well, it doesn't equal one of the worst comics ever... okay, they suck. They suck bad. (Insert obligatory "suck" joke here.)

sorry.gif

But how 'bout that Aunt May, eh?!?! insane.gif

Both were not worth my picking up the 2nd issue, the 1st issues could be the worst comics I have ever read, and I read 75 comics a month! blush.gif The only thing that MIGHT be worse is if they made a comic adaptation of the Ben and Jlo movie Gigli........ 27_laughing.gif

That depends if it was regular Gigli, or Ultimate Gigli... blush.gif

OK, I read it - they're f*cking up with the time continuity. In the first issue, the book is CLEARLY set in the mid-70s - the cars, the slang, the Hillside Strangler reference, clearly puts it in 1976 or 1977, somewhere there.

In the second issue, they talk about comics now costing 12 cents, so suddenly we're in 1961? WTF????

And boy, was it stupid. Just dreadful.

the cars, the slang, the Hillside Strangler reference, clearly puts it in 1976 or 1977, somewhere there.

The 1st Hillside Strangler killing was in the fall of 1977, so it has to be the summer of 1978 at the earliest.

In the second issue, they talk about comics now costing 12 cents, so suddenly we're in 1961? WTF????

Yeah, that was incredibly stupid. Maybe Millar suddenly realized that May couldn't be a teenager in the summer of 1978 so he threw the story back in time 17 years??

Whether or not Marvel says it's part of continuity, it's not part of MY Marvel continuity. Ditto for Punisher: Born and all the other revisionist stuff Marvel is putting out these days.

Gene

Darth and I did a show together today (look for the TYSONS REPORT soon, lets just say that Donut, in the words of the stock market "outperformed expectations" grin.gif), but in one of my dollar boxes was The 'Nam 51 and 52. Punisher goes to Vietnam. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... maybe I should pull it OUT of my dollar box, what do you think?

And Trouble 2 is just stupid. Just stupid. Although Marvel has put out recently some books I really like - Sentinel, Runaways, Thor/Vikings, Trouble is inane.

So the worst part is I can't figure out which is worse:

Trouble #1

1. That someone went to the "trouble" to send a copy to CGC.

2. That it only received a 9.6

3. That there are already 6 different bidders.

4. The seller refers to it "as a fine addition to any collection"

5. I'm tempted to put in a bid

A nice comic for the kids to bring home to their parents! And on a side note, how many 15 year old girls have enormous breasts like that? I'm starting to think that 99% of the artists out there today are dorky dudes who have never gotten laid, and they all compete to see which one can draw the girls with the bigger boobs. 893naughty-thumb.gif

theyre supposed to be 15????

they act like theyre 22.

I thought they were 21 minimum!

Considering they can drive and sell alcohol and have sex in a comic.

If they were 15 the comic culd be considered child pron

Sorry for my misinformation that they were 15. I thought it was about them in high school, so my bad.

I still stand by my "huge breasts" theory though! The women in comics are outrageously proportioned, and I'm embarrased by half of the comics on the shelf today.