• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talk about a piece of Batman History

46 posts in this topic

Boy does that name ring a bell. Its at the tip of my toung.I cant quite remember.

Rings a bell with me too

Probably have bought and/or sold to/from you. But your name hasn't popped up in the posts the way action1kid/aka peter lutrario has.

Depends on which posts you read.

Guess that's what I mean by "thre way action1kid... has" The "way" meaning in such a way that I saw it.

Sorry, can't resist getting into semantics or logic. Hoping any guy who sports a Spock logo would understand...

Then it would have been more logical to say "your name hasn't popped up in posts that I have read", because the facts, in an empirical way, would support an opposite position, if one were to search our names on this forum...otherwise your post suggests that you have seen peter's name pop up more frequently..

poke2.gifwink.gif

Boy does that name ring a bell. Its at the tip of my toung.I cant quite remember.

Rings a bell with me too

Probably have bought and/or sold to/from you. But your name hasn't popped up in the posts the way action1kid/aka peter lutrario has.

Guess that's what I mean by "thre way action1kid... has" The "way" meaning in such a way that I saw it.

Sorry, can't resist getting into semantics or logic. Hoping any guy who sports a Spock logo would understand...

Then it would have been more logical to say "your name hasn't popped up in posts that I have read", because the facts, in an empirical way, would support an opposite position, if one were to seach our names on this forum...otherwise your post suggests that you have seen peter's name pop up more frequently..

poke2.gifwink.gif

Dang Bill, you totally just out-Spocked him! yay.gif

Rings a bell with me too

Then it would have been more logical to say "your name hasn't popped up in posts that I have read", because the facts, in an empirical way, would support an opposite position, if one were to seach our names on this forum...otherwise your post suggests that you have seen peter's name pop up more frequently..

poke2.gifwink.gif

Dang Bill, you totally just out-Spocked him! yay.gif

Thanks Scott, it's my job. He hasn't been around long enough to know that, so I'll cut him some slack.

grin.gif

Rings a bell with me too

Then it would have been more logical to say "your name hasn't popped up in posts that I have read", because the facts, in an empirical way, would support an opposite position, if one were to search our names on this forum...otherwise your post suggests that you have seen peter's name pop up more frequently..

poke2.gifwink.gif

Re:

<<<it would have been more logical to say "your name hasn't popped up in posts that I have read",>>>>

More precise, I'll grant, but not necessarily more logical..

Since I had been referring to posts and not to searches, which would imply access to all the information on the database and not those one encounters with random sampling, it is illogiical to assert that the "opposite position" (il.e. that your name would "pop up" instead of peter's) was implied or likelly to be inferred.

O.k , What did I do now ?

Nothing Peter, just having a little fun with bluechip. He was unaware I am the official board debate team captain and co-chariman of the CGC semantics league.

I mean I could have just laid the old...

spock.jpg

On him, but that would have been too easy.

shy.gif

Rings a bell with me too

poke2.gifwink.gif

Re:

<<<it would have been more logical to say "your name hasn't popped up in posts that I have read",>>>>

More precise, perhaps, but not more logical..

Since I had been referring to posts and not to searches, which would imply access to all the information on the database and not those one encounters with random sampling, it is illogiical to assert that the "opposite position" (il.e. that your name would "pop up" instead of peter's) was implied or likelly to be inferred.

On second thought....

spock.jpg

Rings a bell with me too

poke2.gifwink.gif

Re:

On second thought....

spock.jpg

This is not logical. First you say you will not post a picture as an argument, then you post a picture as an argument. And this picture is the same listed with every post, which would mean it is always making the same arguement.

illogical... illogical....

(SOUND OF ALIEN COMPUTER-BRAINED BEING EXPLODING)

On second thought....

spock.jpg

This is not logical. First you say you will not post a picture as an argument, then you post a picture as an argument. And this picture is the same listed with every post, which would mean it is always making the same arguement.

I must say Bob ( Bluechip )...I'm impressed. This type of relaxed and advanced humor coming from you is a big step towards drinking and posting with confidence as I do thumbsup2.gif

Rings a bell with me too

poke2.gifwink.gif

Re:

On second thought....

spock.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

I like the episode you are referring to.