• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New guy saying hi

49 posts in this topic

Welcome to your new home away from home! Another recuit from overseas!

Prepare to lose countless hours, and always remember to never take anything said here TOO seriously. We kinda forget our manners every once in awhile around here.

Welcome, Good luck and have fun.

Ze-

Thanks to every one who said hi. Just had to spend an hour or so bagging my comics because the wife was hogging the pc frustrated.gif but I'm here now though.

Garry

Garry,

Welcome to the boards. Not only is there great conversation here but it's a fine place to buy. I put out a call for Dark Shadows comics two weeks ago and in a day had more than a whole set lined up including two #1s, at a reasonable price. Pretty amazing.

Marc

And I saw a post wanting to buy Dark Shadows comics 2 weeks ago and I had a set that was collecting dust in my basement turned into cash in a day. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Praise the lord and the House of Comics. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Chris

Welcome to the boards, Garry, and good luck finishing your Avengers run. I completed 1-326 a couple of years ago - it feels great! Not particularly high grade, though.

What are some of your favorite issues in the run?

Whoa, nice one completing that one hail.gif

Fave issue = 100

Fave cover = 3 but 41 gets honorable mention

I also love the run from the late 70s as these were the first comics I ever read.

Welcome to the boards, Garry, and good luck finishing your Avengers run. I completed 1-326 a couple of years ago - it feels great! Not particularly high grade, though.

What are some of your favorite issues in the run?

Whoa, nice one completing that one hail.gif

Thanks!

Fave issue = 100

Great issue.

Fave cover = 3 but 41 gets honorable mention

Good choices, and I also like 23, 96, 171, and several others that escape me right now...

I also love the run from the late 70s as these were the first comics I ever read.

The Shooter/Perez stuff? Classic!

Good choices, and I also like 23, 96, 171, and several others that escape me right now...

Excellent choices, especially 171. Some of those bronze age covers are classics, another great one was 160 with the Grim Reaper cover.

Hi, I've just joined the boards and figured I'd just post post to say hi to everyone. I know 2 or 3 of the regulars here and after browsing the threads for a while I feel like I know a whole bunch of you. hi.gif

Anyway I'm a Marvel Zombie from the UK and my current ambition is to complete my Avengers collection. 4 more books to go.

See you around.

Garry

I know you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif