• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who are you top five inkers

18 posts in this topic

Are you talking about people who only inked, or people who pencilled but also inked their own pencils also? [/quote

iam taking about both. but the question was about inks. if your fav. penciller inked his own stuff and you dig the inks then make him part of your top five list.

larry poke2.gif

These are off the top of my head...

1. Frazetta

2. Raboy

Surprised? His compositions AND inking were so powerful and graceful.

3. Steranko

If you don't believe me, look at the work he inked himself, "At The Stroke of Midnight" from Tower of Shadows #1, for example.

4. Wrightson

His early 70's work was some of the greatest ever done in comics... and most was inked by Bernie.

5. Williamson

The work he did for EC is just mindblowing.

Honorable Mention: Sinnott

The only pure inker in the list, but the work he did on Kirby in the middle of the FF run and the Steranko Caps was just phenomenal.

paull. you right dead on steranko. the tower of shadows story was the best work he.s done in comics. and the captain america run was better than any other superhero comic artwork that steranko has done then and now. larry ;]

batman_fan. nothing wrong with being a super fan. i just hope you got a few nice buscema / palmer avengers page,s in your collection. if not them now you have your mission for 2007.lol

larry.]

joe rubenstein?

:barf:

good God, people. i mean, seriously. might as well say Vinnie Colletta.

my five, in no order

1. Murphy Anderson - anyone that can make Curt "Draws Torsos Eight Feet Wide" Swan look good is a God.

2. Terry Austin - duh

3. Scott Williams

4. Romeo Tanghal - worked really well with George Perez for a long time

5. Al Williamson

batman_fan. nothing wrong with being a super fan. i just hope you got a few nice buscema / palmer avengers page,s in your collection. if not them now you have your mission for 2007.lol

larry.]

I have a few, here is one of the better ones. I think this will make you a member as well !

eBay104.jpg

larry.]

I have a few, here is one of the better ones. I think this will make you a member as well !

eBay104.jpg

batman_fan . i just have one word for that page. OOOMYYYGODDDD.

if that was my page i would make a stat of it and have it colored. i gotta belive it would look awesome. now look what you have done. i got drool all over my key board.

cloud9.gif larry ;]