• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hitch: Ultimates #13 is finally done!

12 posts in this topic

linky

HITCH: DONE WITH ULTIMATES 2 #13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Benjamin Ong Pang Kean

In a thread entitled "End of an ERA" over at the MillarWorld boards, super-star artist Bryan Hitch informed board regulars and er, lurkers that he's completed all 40 pages of the much-anticipated Ultimates 2 #13, the last chapter before the creative baton is passed on to the incoming teams of Jeph Loeb & Joe Madureira (Ultimates 3), and Loeb & Ed McGuinness (Ultimates 4).

"It's been years coming but today I feel both sad and abso-frakking-lutely overjoyed.

"The bane of my life for the last five years is gone from my day to day routine. Apart from a little tidying up, the penciling on the final issue of Ultimates 2 (13), all forty four pages of it, is done. Inking is going. Colouring will follow and within living memory the book will come out. That may sound a little harsh but no job in my 20 pro career has been like this; so hard, so creatively rewarding, so time-consuming and so fulfilling. It will be nice not to struggle, if only for a few weeks!

"I've lived with little else by way of work for so long and although a little sad to be done with it, the new stuff ahead (which I've already started) is so exciting I haven't time to mourn.

"It's been such a good working relationship with MM all these years that we have each other booked up forever. Our next book for Marvel, already underway is as different from Ultimates as I could hope without straying too far from what we do best. TV and movie news to come as well but next year is shaping up to be my most fun and most productive in a long time.

"So, goodbye Ultimates. It's been swell.

"Hello to the new crew. See you all Summer 2007. In print that is."

So, who will live, and who will die?

Will Captain America and Iron Man start an Ultimate Civil War?

All will be revealed soon when Ultimates 2 #13 wraps up a highly acclaimed run by two of the industry's highest profile creators.

For more Ultimate goodness, check out Ultimate Spider-Man, which is currently re-imagining the "Clone Saga"; Ultimate Fantastic Four, which finds the team in the midst of a "God War"; and Ultimate X-Men, which has the team facing off against Ultimate Cable, Ultimate Bishop and Ultimate Domino.

There's also Ultimate Vision, which continues the "Ultimate Galactus" trilogy; and Ultimate Power, which is a crossover between the Ultimate titles and JMS' Supreme Power.

Upcoming projects include Ultimate Wolverine by Loeb and Michael Turner, Ultimate Iron Man 2, and… the final part of the Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra trilogy?

Also, there's this previously rumored but now clarified Ultimate Invasion by Bendis and Marc Silvestri which might or might not be an Ultimate-verse project.

And next summer's Ultimate event. Right.

And…Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk.

Ultimates 2 #13 is currently due in stores on January 31st, 2007.

The solicitation for the issue reads:

Written by MARK MILLAR

Pencils & Wraparound Cover by BRYAN HITCH

"GRAND THEFT AMERICA"

The concluding chapter of the much-heralded Millar/Hitch tenure on Ultimates has finally arrived! All the running plot lines come to their cataclysmic end in these pages as the Team Supreme puts everything they've got into a grand finale that will take its place alongside the finest comics of the past decade. Alliances are made and relationships are severed in a tale you simply cannot miss. You have been warned! Part 7 (of 6)

48 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

From today's Millar interview on Newsarama.com:

NRAMA: So how about an update on Ultimates 2? Not to mince words, why have readers still not seen the final issue yet?

MM: Man, I don't even remember. Bry actually did this in about six weeks, which is amazing as it's a double-sized issue. But the inks didn't start until Bryan finished and now the coloring is happening. I think it was a genuine mix-up and there's a special thing in the ish that meant the printers took an extra month. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but you'll see what I mean. Either way, I could have cried. That said, these 26 issues are the best thing either of us have done so better having it done right than botched. Apologies for the delay, but it's good so hope people like it.

foreheadslap.gif

But the inks didn't start until Bryan finished and now the coloring is happening. I think it was a genuine mix-up and there's a special thing in the ish that meant the printers took an extra month. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but you'll see what I mean.

Let me guess...

They all pissed in the inks.

yeahok.gif