• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miswraps

3 posts in this topic

how bad do miswraps affect grade?if the book is in the same condition it came from the presses in,no edgewear,minor spine creases etc.how much could bad binding actually affect the grade?another example,this FF 45.cover is in really nice shape,i sent it into CGC expecting a decent grade,but was told it would get smashed due to the wrap mostly,then i see this ASM 40.......all i can say is UUUGGGHHHHHH! If the pic doesnt show,its the western penn copy metropolis has FS at 2750 CGC 9.4

watermark.png|B|80|5

That miswrap shouldn't affect the technical grade at all. From what I can tell, it looks like a VF-ish copy. CGC wouldn't ding for a miswrap unless it was very high grade. There are plenty of 9.6s with miswrapped covers.

That said, all 8.0 / 8.5s, etc are not created equal. I tend to avoid miswraps like the plague, no matter what the label says.

I agree. I've seen some pretty highly graded books with unfortunate miswraps.

Dennis

p.s. The grade makes me look at the book but I want to see the front cover on the front cover and the back cover on the back cover, with staples on the spine. With thousands and thousands of Silver Age books out there, I am usually willing to wait.