• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ballpark price for an ASM lot 19-192

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have been haggling with a guy I work with to buy a lot of comics off of him that includes:

Amazing Spiderman vol 1 Issues 19-192

Hulk 181

He claims all of the books are in VF - VF+ condition.

I have never seen them and have been patiently waiting for him to send me a disc he says he has with more accurate information of all the grades of the books.

I want to make him a blanket offer of cash for all of them sight unseen. How much would you offer?

He sold the ASM 1-18 and put down a significant down payment on his house.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Artboy99

Do you know anything about his grading? Have you bought from him before, seen any books he has graded, or know anyone that has dealt with him? If the answer is no to all those things, I wouldn't do ANYTHING until I saw scans and could verify his grades.

Take the VF price in Overstreet.

Cut it in half. That's the price you should be paying for these books if they are truly in VF.

Then cut it in half again. That's the Overstreet price for the books in their actual grades.

Then cut it in half. That's the offer you make him.

Cut it in half. That's the price you should be paying for these books if they are truly in VF.

Then cut it in half again. That's the Overstreet price for the books in their actual grades.

Good advice. 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Following Dan's suggestion, the seller may actually owe you money for taking them! yay.gif

tongue.gif

I wouldn't do ANYTHING until I saw scans and could verify his grades.

I wouldn't do anything until I saw the actual books. You've been trying to get this deal done for a while now and I know you are starting to get a bit impatient, but I would strongly suggest you not make him any kind of offer until you see the books. For all you know he may be calling VG or worse VF. Overall, I get the impression that this guy isn't real motivated to sell for whatever reason.

By the way, are these books going to be for your collection or are you going to try and flip them?

Yes I have been trying to do this deal for almost 3 years.

This is my last offer to him, if he can't get it done I am going to tell him no thanks.

I wanted a book in hand, but will accept at the very least a scan. I am not buying anything until I get that.

What makes this deal difficult to do is that although we work together for the same company we are in totally different offices in different countries: I am in Canada, he is in the USA. He doesn't need to money either.

I intend to buy the comics to fill out my own collection, although if any of the books are indeed in VF+ I may actually flip them.

Artboy99