• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Adult Fantasy

45 posts in this topic

The DC Archives do it right. It's a matte high quality paper, that gives the same overall look as the original books without that artificial glossiness that the Marvel Masterworks have. Take a look at one of the Archives if you haven't already.

Red

Yup. I've never bought a Masterworks because I can't stand the way they look. When I thumbed through a DC Archives at the LCS I was dumbfounded, expecting the same garish look as the Marvel books but lo and behold, they looked great. Its exactly how Marvel should be doing it, and its similiar to the way they used to reprint with the Fireside books.

Besides the garish coloring and coated paper, the other problem with the Masterworks is that they don't necessarily have good quality stats to work from. Preservation of such things was/is never a concern with upper level management.